• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Thinking about exhaust modding

yawtyler

CEG'er
So I've been looking around at exhaust systems, trying to find what I like. Then I came across this video, CSVT with magnaflow h/f cat, and magnaflow resonator. Simple, low cost, I'm in LOVE with the sound. It's throaty and deep, it's great. :laugh: Anyway, wondering if anyone has this setup and how they like it, any performance gains? I'm really thinking about this setup, I can get it from Trubendz for ~$215. Thanks!

In my opinion for a couple hundred bucks that sounds like a solid deal. I think the stock resonator and cat may be more of a restriction than the stock SVT mufflers, so replacing them should be a good improvement. Currently I'm running a BAT y-pipe which has a Magnaflow cat, but I'm running it into the stock resonator which I would like to replace with something less restrictive. So I don't have the exact setup that you are looking at but if you are looking for some improved flow while keeping the sound levels pretty mellow I think this is a good option.

Great, that's just what I'm looking for. A nice tone without making it too loud. I'll probably end up optimizing mynown y pipe, the prices on those things are crazy for what you're paying for.

Great, that's just what I'm looking for. A nice tone without making it too loud. I'll probably end up optimizing mynown y pipe, the prices on those things are crazy for what you're paying for.

Yeah the aftermarket y-pipes are kind of spendy considering the optimized stocker seems to be a very effective option. I do like the Bat Inc y-pipe design but it's not cheap.

Back