• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Weapon R headers

95_Mystique

Hard-core CEG'er
Do weapon R headers bolt up with MSDS Y pipe? I've heard that they may be different, but at the same time, i've heard of people running stock Manifolds with Weapon R y pipe, and i'm currently running a MSDS y pipe with stock manifolds.

Anyone know for sure?:shrug:

im sure they will. and iff they dont , get your ford hammer out.

That's a combo I don't think anyone has really tried since it was usually installed as a full set. Everything should fit since the overall dimensions were supposed to be the same but there aren't any guarantees.

Why aren't you going with the Weapon-R y-pipe? Between MSDS and Weapon-R headers, the design is nearly identical (minus EGR fitment) but the Weapon-R y-pipe was a better flowing design.

I already have a MSDS Y pipe on the car. I'm working on making a trade for some springs and cash for Weapon R headers. Eventually, i'd like to get a Weapon R Y pipe, but that can wait.

Gotcha. I'm not sure anyone can really answer about the fitment in that combo. Unfortunately, you won't really know either until you bolt it all in. :ponder:

it works just fine
i'm running msds headers with weapon r ypipe, i've run oem y with msds headers, and oem manifolds with msds and weapon r y pipes.

Back