• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

trubendz kit assembly questions

compudude86

CEG'er
Though im sure im not thinking this through enough, it would be nice if the kit came with an assembly page. I have the rear Y pipe, and the two L pipes that go out to the muffler. The y pipe has 2.5" fittings, and the L pipes each have a slightly expanded end on one side, but it doesnt fit into the other parts.

Am I supposed to use an expander and make them bigger and fit them in, then weld, or weld the same diameter ends at the gap like I have done?

Though im sure im not thinking this through enough, it would be nice if the kit came with an assembly page. I have the rear Y pipe, and the two L pipes that go out to the muffler. The y pipe has 2.5" fittings, and the L pipes each have a slightly expanded end on one side, but it doesnt fit into the other parts.

Am I supposed to use an expander and make them bigger and fit them in, then weld, or weld the same diameter ends at the gap like I have done?

Trubendz always had fitting issues.....so cutting and adjusted the parts is pretty typical on these cars. I expanded and welded mine.

Back