• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

eBay y-pipe with cat by Mandrel Exhaust Systems -- any experience?

So that seller wanted $310 plus shipping. It looks to NOT have the horrible bend that the MSDS y pipe had, but then look at how the two pipes from the manifolds get crowded into a single inlet going into that flex pipe and cat. Did you look at the two inlet one outlet y pipe cat combo that British American Transfer still sells for listed price under $380? NO horrible bends, no crowded crush of pipes similar to the stock y pipe, and the cat is a 2.5" outlet. Really, a good flowing y pipe is worth a few horsepower by itself, and it helps compound the benefits of other mods. Yes, this is a pet topic of mine. The only way to do better than this BAT y pipe that I've seen is going true duals.

So that seller wanted $310 plus shipping. It looks to NOT have the horrible bend that the MSDS y pipe had, but then look at how the two pipes from the manifolds get crowded into a single inlet going into that flex pipe and cat. Did you look at the two inlet one outlet y pipe cat combo that British American Transfer still sells for listed price under $380? NO horrible bends, no crowded crush of pipes similar to the stock y pipe, and the cat is a 2.5" outlet. Really, a good flowing y pipe is worth a few horsepower by itself, and it helps compound the benefits of other mods. Yes, this is a pet topic of mine. The only way to do better than this BAT y pipe that I've seen is going true duals.

I have a two inlet, one outlet y-pipe on my SVT. Picture whore time!

19af9b7c.jpg

Back