• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Glasspack plus Magnaflows?

codypka

Veteran CEG'er
Hey guys my exhaust is stock except for a dynomax glaspack where the resonator would be. I was thinking of throwing some magnaflow mufflers on. Would this be too loud? Anyone have video of this kind of setup or something similar?

What are you trying to accomplish with adding Magnaflow mufflers? The stock SVT mufflers flow fine for your application but probably aren't load enough, correct?

Have you checked out the sticky at the top of the page with sound clips? I'd start there.

What are you trying to accomplish with adding Magnaflow mufflers? The stock SVT mufflers flow fine for your application but probably aren't load enough, correct?

Have you checked out the sticky at the top of the page with sound clips? I'd start there.

Blind829 is the man!!! He hit it right on the dot about everything.:cool:

100000000000000000000000000000x1000000000000000000000000000
What he said :)

Funny, I hate my Magnaflow mufflers. They aren't loud enough for me with the glasspack. My car sounded much better with the stock mufflers and the glasspack. I wish I never changed it out.

Codypka, I sent you a PM with some video clips.

after seeing the vids Luca sent me i'm gonna stick with just the glasspack. sounds better than with magnaflows imo

Funny, I hate my Magnaflow mufflers. They aren't loud enough for me with the glasspack. My car sounded much better with the stock mufflers and the glasspack. I wish I never changed it out.

Codypka, I sent you a PM with some video clips.

lmao. I think the sound is nice, not overly loud, as stated. good for a dd.

^In my case, yes. :(

lmao. I think the sound is nice, not overly loud, as stated. good for a dd.

It sounds nice at WOT but otherwise.... :zzz:

I should have known to leave well enough alone.

Magnaflow mufflers were the worst purchase I made for this car. Of course, that is a matter of opinion, some like 'um and some don't.

I own the car now that started this thread. It had a Thrush glasspack on it. You can purchase them at O'Reilly Auto Parts for like $30 or so. Very cheap way to replace the stock resonator and add some sound to the car. You will love the sound of your stock exhaust after doing it!

My car now has a completely different exhaust.

Back