• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Readying SHM's for install

SicSE

Veteran CEG'er
I've fabbed up turn-downs for the headers so I can run them open and not suffocate or catch anything on fire. :help: I also did a turn-down for the Y-pipe for the same reason. Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to do for the O2's... there's no bung for the bank2 upstream O2, and the bung for the upstream bank1 O2 is on the number 2 primary. :nonono:

For those not aware, I'm going to do a dyno-comparison of my hybrid with open SHM headers, then with the SHM y-pipe installed, then with my exhaust hooked up.

Pictures033.jpg

Pictures035-1.jpg

Pictures037.jpg

Sic you made me laugh today. I needed that. Finally going to prove me right. Thanks :laugh:

Now, please stop toying with my emotions and put those suckers on.

LOL... f*ck that! Your theory's going down!! :laugh:

Oh man i don't know why this :censored::censored::censored::censored: is soo amusing, i laughed so hard.

Your still toying with my emotions.....when are you doing this event ?

Oh can you do me a favor??? Ifyou take pics of your car on the dyno, can you put an american flag behind your car when you dyno it :cool:

Man, I'm not sure that it matters - you're SOO going to be in denial.

I'm hoping for this Saturday, but that might not happen. In which case, it would likely be the following Saturday.

Oh man i don't know why this :censored::censored::censored::censored: is soo amusing, i laughed so hard.

Oh can you do me a favor??? Ifyou take pics of your car on the dyno, can you put an american flag behind your car when you dyno it :cool:
dam you to he'll harry LOL why must you make me laugh so hard at work?

Man, I'm not sure that it matters - you're SOO going to be in denial.

I'm hoping for this Saturday, but that might not happen. In which case, it would likely be the following Saturday.

Denial is my best friend. Me and him work well together,,,,he makes me happy :laugh:

Next saturday....i can't hold off that long....why don't you just throw up some fake dyno plots to make me happy while i wait.:laugh:

I have no experience with them, but just referring to what I could gather.
I just test fitted bank 2 and without rocking the engine, as mentioned in your posted link, with a pry bar, an 820 is definitely not coming out OR going in past the primaries. I'll be pulling the roll restrictors when I install them for real to see if I can keep an 820 on there.

And Harry, just so we're still on the same page about what our disagreement is. You say that the full exhaust will produce the MOST power of the three configurations correct?

I say that it will produce the LEAST.

Is it heat related or fitment regarding the oil cooler being there or not?
The primaries are too close to the subframe to slide an 820 in between the two.

And Harry, just so we're still on the same page about what our disagreement is. You say that the full exhaust will produce the MOST power of the three configurations correct?

I say that it will produce the LEAST.
Most power or overall power? Um a full fledge headers with a y-pipe will net more whp then a full exhaust. I am talking about all around power. Taking all rpms and adding them together than dividing. which means average whp.
Because yes at one point maybe around 6k you will net 1 whp more than a full exhaust system. But that doesn't make it a better exhaust. So an overall average whp and wtq rating is what i am looking for :)

I will def be anticipating the results :)

Back