• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Looking for suggestions... Do I ditch the Borla for a Trubendz?

99Mystique ATX

Hard-core CEG'er
Alright guys, looking for advice. I'm thinking about picking up a used Trubendz 2.5" SS resonated Magnaflow setup.

I've heard a few clips and like the sound and the Trubendz tips are nice i'm just not sure what kind of gains i'm looking at coming from the borla setup. I'm guessing it would be in the 5-10whp range but i'm not sure... Thoughts?

As for supporting mods i've got MSDS headers, optimized y-pipe, optimized tb, bat inlet pipe and K&N Ru-3530+maf adaptor. Think that's all i've got that's air flow related stuff. Either way it gets tuned in the end...

Alright guys, looking for advice. I'm thinking about picking up a used Trubendz 2.5" SS resonated Magnaflow setup.

I've heard a few clips and like the sound and the Trubendz tips are nice i'm just not sure what kind of gains i'm looking at coming from the borla setup. I'm guessing it would be in the 5-10whp range but i'm not sure... Thoughts?

As for supporting mods i've got MSDS headers, optimized y-pipe, optimized tb, bat inlet pipe and K&N Ru-3530+maf adaptor. Think that's all i've got that's air flow related stuff. Either way it gets tuned in the end...

You currently have a borla setup., borla what? borla mufflers? Borla resonator?
stock exhaust tubes?

Um borla flows up to 1000 cfms so it is in no way holding you back. 5-10 whp....there is no way your gonna gain that.

If you do install a larger diameter piping it won't do much because the stock tube size is not the restriction on our cars. It's the manifolds, y-pipe resonator and then mufflers.

the larger exhaust is going to move your power peak higher .... or that is what I noticed when swapping from stock SVT exhaust to a 2.5" Trubendz resonated borla exhaust.

You currently have a borla setup., borla what? borla mufflers? Borla resonator? stock exhaust tubes?

Currently have a True Borla catback. It's not just the muffers it's the Borla catback. Flow wise i'm sure it's almost exactly the same as a stock setup. I think the biggest restriction in the Borla catback is going to be the chambered (IIRC) resonator.

Currently have a True Borla catback. It's not just the muffers it's the Borla catback. Flow wise i'm sure it's almost exactly the same as a stock setup. I think the biggest restriction in the Borla catback is going to be the chambered (IIRC) resonator.

Do you have a 3L or a 2.5L?

You won't gain 10whp thats for sure. maybe 2whp and the max whp will be moved from the prior spot.

I've got a 2.5L currently. At some point the car will either be 3L or turbo but that's no time soon.

I'm almost thinking it may be worth it just to wait till I decide what to do with the car before I go and mess with it.

Back