• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

msds headers question

COLER59

CEG'er
i just installed the msds headers on my 99 2.5 and also gutted the rear cat.the question i have is do you need the rear springs also like on the stock set up to install the headers correctly...the reason im asking is when i did headers on my sunfire the header kit actually eliminated the factory springs.so i was wondering if this kit needs them or eliminates them....
and suggestions.:shrug:

you are talking about the spring bolts between the y-pipe and the main cat pipe? if so that has nothing to do with the headers ...

yes you need them if you retained the 2 bolt y-pipe. they are there to allow the exhaust to flex as the engine torques ....

yes that is what im talking about...well it doesnt have anything to do with the headers but i also got the y-pipe....so i do need them...i thought so but wasnt sure.there was no specific instructions with the headers only for the mil eliminators...
thanks for the help...
go ahead and close it up..........

yes that is what im talking about...well it doesnt have anything to do with the headers but i also got the y-pipe....so i do need them...i thought so but wasnt sure.there was no specific instructions with the headers only for the mil eliminators...
thanks for the help...
go ahead and close it up..........

If you need to replace those springs or bolts, local auto parts store carries them for about 8-10 dollars for each one.

Back