• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone change the TIPS on stock SVT exhaust?

SilvaSVT98

New CEG'er
This is purely for aesthetic reasons. The most attractive looking part of our cars, I feel is the rear end... the lights, rear bumper etc. The one and only mod i have done to the exhaust is changed the stock resonator to a magnaflow 10435 muffler. Sound is great and was thinking about putting magnaflow double walled/slant cut/rolled tips on the stock mufflers. Is this possible and has anyone done so?

sure its possible .... but I don't know how well that would work because of the drop built into the stock tip to claer the body and bumper.

most go with new mufflers also ....

This is purely for aesthetic reasons. The most attractive looking part of our cars, I feel is the rear end... the lights, rear bumper etc. The one and only mod i have done to the exhaust is changed the stock resonator to a magnaflow 10435 muffler. Sound is great and was thinking about putting magnaflow double walled/slant cut/rolled tips on the stock mufflers. Is this possible and has anyone done so?

It is possible. You will just have to cut half the tips off and leave 1 inch to slide the new tips into it so it can be tighten down. Or if they stick out too much you will just have to cut your new tips and take them to an exhaust shop to have them welded on.

Just did this a couple days ago.Went with a Magnaflow 3.5".Got the one that was only 4.5" long.With the curve it does take a little adjustment and then some paint to hide the cut.May still massage the inside to smooth it out a little more including painting the bevel edge black.Gonna need to polish all the time otherwise.

If you pardon the nasty garage here are a couple quick pics.Catching some of Fay today so better pics will have to wait.

1007.jpg

1008.jpg

$40 a piece for the tips.Less than $90 welded on so I'm happy for now.

rich

Back