• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Owners of trubendz needed

trhlz1222

Veteran CEG'er
i got a trubendz kit on the way stainless steel no resonator. i got my tips already from summit. i was told to get something between 5 and 7 inches. these are 5.5 inches long weld on...one problem though they are much shorter then summit described them. anyone that has a trubendz non resonated kit how far did the piping go in the back before you put tips on?? do they give you plenty so you can cut then put tips on??

if its to short just weld on more piping ...

like my drivers side muffler resonator/tip as 2 inches to short to being in the exhaust cut out. shop welded in 2 inches of pipe so it sits correctly ...

you can about bet on some modifications needing to be done on that to even come close to looking even at the cutouts. mine needs a ton of work its sad lol.
*edit* The sound of it however is :drool:

you can about bet on some modifications needing to be done on that to even come close to looking even at the cutouts. mine needs a ton of work its sad lol.
*edit* The sound of it however is :drool:

oh thanks...another day of swearin after putting in my trubendz ypipe this week...the exhaust shop that i had delete my resonate failed to mention that they put the pipe back in there and welded it crooked so the flanges didnt match up

oh thanks...another day of swearin after putting in my trubendz ypipe this week...the exhaust shop that i had delete my resonate failed to mention that they put the pipe back in there and welded it crooked so the flanges didnt match up
ya I can forsee some additional swearing in the near future:crazy:

yeah the stock tips are like a foot long. so you'll have to cut it back to there so your new tips will fit, because they won't fit over the 3" tips they use. shouldnt be a big deal for a good exhaust shop. just make sure they don't fit a smaller pipe inside the 2 1/2"

im doing this myself. my cousin is welding everything for me and hopefully there wont be too much swearing cause the sooner its done the sooner the rest of the car gets back together

If it werent for me buying the wrong resonator my kit had no modifications needed.

It was funny because I just bought the piping kit since I already had the res and mufflers. Well I go to a muffler shop and they take it out of the box and look at it and start to scratch their heads..... then they are like this isnt going to work its the wrong kit for the car. So I start lmao because this kit is specifically made for the contour. Anyways I take it to another shop and the guy was like thats a peice of cake. 30 mins later my car rummbled sexiness!

hahaa.... well atleast i have something to look forward too again...more rumble. do i need hangers for the very very back right near the tips.. there are hangers welded in the car from the first resonators i think but the piping kit doesnt have hangers welded on there for it.. think the tips will be sturdy enough without hangers there or should i try and weld something to the piping for hangers?

the old...
DSC01278.jpg

and the new!!
DSC01277.jpg

heres wat i got for parts run too
DSC01280.jpg

just waitin on the cousin to get here to start the welding

why weld it all on when you can clamp it and it is way easier to remove/replace stuff clamped rather than welded:shrug:...... Nice part getter. you have the exact bike im looking for colors body style and all. I want that bike in a 750cc

Very nice exhaust but I bet it will be way too loud. Let us know how it turns out

OMG!!!!! todays mod reassured that i love this car.. it sounds amazing and its pretty loud..no rasp at all. car even accelerates faster and loves the higher rpms now. ill get a clip of it going down the road for ya...

trey that bike is a work of art. beautiful thing to ride. mines only a 600 the 750s have a different tank. i plan on getting a 08 750 in a year or two.

oh and its all welded on and looks amazing. its a better job the my local shop did on my stock exhaust work i had done last year

OMG!!!!! todays mod reassured that i love this car.. it sounds amazing and its pretty loud..no rasp at all. car even accelerates faster and loves the higher rpms now. ill get a clip of it going down the road for ya...

trey that bike is a work of art. beautiful thing to ride. mines only a 600 the 750s have a different tank. i plan on getting a 08 750 in a year or two.

oh and its all welded on and looks amazing. its a better job the my local shop did on my stock exhaust work i had done last year
let me know if you happen to want rid of it in the near future or stumble upon another blue and white 600-750 that body style. they are :drool:

Back