• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

O2 question

xjustinx

CEG'er
Paulding County Ga. North West of Atlanta
So my csvt threw some codes and I took it to my local shop and this is what was diganosed:

datalog EEC, fuel trims are pegging opposite. LTFT's are off by 20%. Unknown cause will require more diganoistics. All data points to bad O2 sensors but it could be an electrical issue.

So I took the car back and started to change the O2 sensors myself. Front one was no problem to get out. Back one not so easy. To make a long story short ended up having to take the header out to remove O2 sensor cause some one jb welded it in:confused: So I have to tap the hole then I will be good to go. What I was wondering was I have MSDS headers and Y-pipe. A cat is connected right behind the Y-pipe. But the sensors are on the header and Y-pipe. Would I be throwing codes cause I need Mil eliminators???

Would I plug the eliminators into the top Sensors or the bottom sensors. I ordered a set from Nautilus today, so they are on their way now.

Nautilus is not plug and play. They are cut and clamped with screws.

Also you will be placing them on the lower o2 sensors.

The MIL eliminators are for the rear o2's. The rear o2's are there to keep an eye on your catalyst's condition. They trick the PCM into thinking they're still inplace.

If you were so inclined, you can also have the rear o2's shut off in a tune. Then you don't even need to have them at all.

The MIL eliminators are for the rear o2's. The rear o2's are there to keep an eye on your catalyst's condition. They trick the PCM into thinking they're still inplace.

If you were so inclined, you can also have the rear o2's shut off in a tune. Then you don't even need to have them at all.

But it's nice to have them for mild adjustments to the cars fuel trims while driving. But if this is your daily driver, i recommend them for proper fuel economy etc etc.

Back