• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Where to find MILs?

constrosity

CEG'er
Does any one know of a good place to get MIL eliminators? I know the cougar website has some but there all 44 bucks.

does it matter what type they are or is it totally universal. by the way joey said he can't make them anymore do to some issues.

does it matter what type they are or is it totally universal. by the way joey said he can't make them anymore do to some issues.

you can make them yourself. It'll cost you about 7 dollars in radioshack parts. Instructions are in a header faq/guide somewhere on the old forums.

post if you need any more help. FYI, I couldn't get the O2 wires to hold any solder so I eventually used butt connectors. Or you could use those screw terminals like the guide suggests. I was worried about them coming loose or falling out though.

i can't seem to find in on the old forums, I think I can't use the search tool right :blackeye: . can someone drop the link

Just google it and I'm sure someone on a car forum has done a write up about it. They are universal after all.

Thanks for the link, but does any one have a pic of a mil and how it is connected on the bottom. Can't read diagrahms.

also would it hurt my car to run without an mil

You won't hurt your car, it will be running rich/lean in many conditions. example WOT adjustments would be made via fuel delivery due to more rich mixture inside the exhaust system.

In other words, you will get bad gas mileage. That is the worst possible thing that can happen.

1st thing, they are universal. They do work within a certain tolerance. So its a hit or a miss kinda. Don't want to goo into too much detail. They are very picky and sometimes don't work (bottom line).

2nd they don't cost 7 dollars they cost about 20 dollars now from radio shack. Radio shack found out about this and upped the price. (joke)

There are several write ups on here. Use the serach function. I would do it for you but i'm kinda sick of helping (no offense to you, i got stabbed and left out to dry from a mod on here, so i'm sick of helping when i'm told not to do it anymore :rolleyes:.)

Back