• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Trubendz or custom exhaust?

codypka

Veteran CEG'er
I'm starting to do my research as to what kind of exhaust to get for my CSVT. I love the tone of the CSVT the way it is, but I would like it to be louder. I have heard that Borla mufflers sound the most like stock, so I was planning on going with Borla. FYI, I am not planning on doing headers anytime soon, so that does not have to factor into the equation.

So the way I see it, is go 1 of 2 ways:

1. Get the trubendz Borla resonated kit which is 500 shipped, and then I would probably have to pay to have it installed. I'm guessing about $100-150 for this?

2. Go to an exhaust shop and have them install a magnaflow resonator and borla mufflers that I would bring them. I honestly have no idea how much this would cost to have done or even how much the mufflers and resonator would cost

So what is my best option? Performance wise and cost wise? Do I have any other options? Advice?

I'm starting to do my research as to what kind of exhaust to get for my CSVT. I love the tone of the CSVT the way it is, but I would like it to be louder. I have heard that Borla mufflers sound the most like stock, so I was planning on going with Borla. FYI, I am not planning on doing headers anytime soon, so that does not have to factor into the equation.

So the way I see it, is go 1 of 2 ways:

1. Get the trubendz Borla resonated kit which is 500 shipped, and then I would probably have to pay to have it installed. I'm guessing about $100-150 for this?

2. Go to an exhaust shop and have them install a magnaflow resonator and borla mufflers that I would bring them. I honestly have no idea how much this would cost to have done or even how much the mufflers and resonator would cost

So what is my best option? Performance wise and cost wise? Do I have any other options? Advice?

2 borla =170 dollars shipped. 1 resonator = $60 shpped. To have them weld it on. 100-150.

I would have them install these parts. IMHO.

Yep, 'wicked nicky's' has great prices on Borlas.
I used them on 2 past cars and the ProXS Borlas are very sweet street mufflers.

I just did a custom exhaust on my car so I understand your position.
If you really like the tone of the stock exhaust and just want a little louder, I'd start with replacing the factory resonator first. It will be a cheap start and if you want more do the mufflers later, unless they need replacing :shrug:.
If you replace the rear mufflers you'll probably be replacing the rear (ugly) stock tips and that is more $ and labor.
Good luck man.
-J

Yep, 'wicked nicky's' has great prices on Borlas.
I used them on 2 past cars and the ProXS Borlas are very sweet street mufflers.

I just did a custom exhaust on my car so I understand your position.
If you really like the tone of the stock exhaust and just want a little louder, I'd start with replacing the factory resonator first. It will be a cheap start and if you want more do the mufflers later, unless they need replacing :shrug:.
If you replace the rear mufflers you'll probably be replacing the rear (ugly) stock tips and that is more $ and labor.
Good luck man.
-J

thats true, i wasnt even thinking about tips. I didnt realize they were so expensive. They are almost as much as the mufflers themselves! dam

Use the stock tips?:shrug:

I don't mind using them, because it makes the car look stock. Which =sleeper looking.

thats true, i wasnt even thinking about tips. I didnt realize they were so expensive. They are almost as much as the mufflers themselves! dam
Actually, not too bad man.
I bought some Ebay specials for 23.00 each and couldn't be happier---3.5" rolled polished 304 SS 2.25" inlet, look great and fit the opening perfect. I was sweating going too big instead of 3", but they are the best size IMO.
Let me know if you want the link.
-J

Actually, not too bad man.
I bought some Ebay specials for 23.00 each and couldn't be happier---3.5" rolled polished 304 SS 2.25" inlet, look great and fit the opening perfect. I was sweating going too big instead of 3", but they are the best size IMO.
Let me know if you want the link.
-J

I was being stupid and only looking at Borla tips. I didn't click in my head that other brands of tips could be used. Duhhhhhh. Post up that link if you would. I think I will be going with 3.5". I agree that they look the best

Ebay:
Item number: 190179964305
Seller:
s.gif
exdperformance
-J

Back