• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ever tried the n1 muffler ebay special!

i know you were pointed to thist post. but like i said before let it go this is an N1 thread. leave it that way

Bah, who is this clown :confused: Why are you involved in this intellectual conversation.:laugh:

I LOVE AMERICAN FLAGS IN MY MOVIES

i have Ebay special mufflers that look like Apexi lookalikes on my SVT. with a thrush glass pack inplace of the resonator. sounds really good and pretty quiet.

SSPX0015.jpg

Just a little update on anyone who bothered to follow the debate. Turns out I DO know what I'm talking about. :cool:
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=37163
:laugh: i'll do it again :laugh:

You stated length would cost you a loss of power so the shorter the better. Your test pipe going to your rear gas tank did not take away any power. So what were you talking about?

If you do look at your hp chart you needed a stock whp run and then a SHM headers run. :shrug: Where is the comparison:shrug:
You still haven't compared a full length exhaust yet. So i have no idea what your comparing. Or claiming on knowing:shrug:

I recall you stated the least amount restriction = the best power. Which is still false. People just putting msds headers with msds y-pipe on a stock csvt exhaust put down more than 10whp then you did. You have a 3L.

You stated length would cost you a loss of power so the shorter the better. Your test pipe going to your rear gas tank did not take away any power. So what were you talking about?
You're misreading my posts. The test pipe is only in place of where my cat was. The rest of the piping is my normal exhaust.

The exhaust w/test pipe clearly shows a shift of the curve and loss of power compared to the open y-pipe. Thus, adding pipe length loses power. Restriction or not, call it whatever you want, bottom line is that it did indeed cause a power loss.

You still haven't compared a full length exhaust yet.
That's the "test pipe" runs. It's a full exhaust with a test pipe instead of a cat. Come on man, you can't be this thick-headed.

I recall you stated the least amount restriction = the best power.
Which is still my opinion and has been proven time and time again on countless different engine platforms. The gains from the Y-pipe combining the pulses from the two banks are greater than any losses that may have been incurred by adding pipe length. You can't consider a Y-pipe to ONLY be added pipe length because it also merges banks.

People just putting msds headers with msds y-pipe on a stock csvt exhaust put down more than 10whp then you did. You have a 3L.
Apples to oranges dude. This comparison is completely invalid.

How so,,,you have a modded 3l, they have a bone stock 2.5L:shrug:

This is what you said;
People just putting msds headers with msds y-pipe on a stock csvt exhaust put down more than 10whp then you did. You have a 3L.

We'll say the headers got me 7hp. This means that you're saying an NA 2.5L gained over 17whp from adding ONLY headers & a Y? I say show me the dyno chart first, then we'll talk about things like; other mods involved, tune level, cams and precats. :rolleyes: Apples to oranges.

This is what you said;

We'll say the headers got me 7hp. This means that you're saying an NA 2.5L gained over 17whp from adding ONLY headers & a Y? I say show me the dyno chart first, then we'll talk about things like; other mods involved, tune level, cams and precats. :rolleyes: Apples to oranges.

I meant a 2.5L dyno'd 10+ whp on msds headers and y=pipe alone.

Honestly lets discuss this at a later time, i'm way too sick with this flu to look at the screen long enough. It makes me want to vomit!!

Back