• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

help answer question please!

well im pretty sure it is legal in michigan, and if not cops don't give a crap around here about exhaust mods. anyways I think im just gonna get the res chopped first and see how that sounds, then go from there.

Just put a glasspack in place of the factory resonator. Otherwise it's going to be nasty and raspy. That's what I'm doing. The res. is your bottleneck. Everything else is supposed to flow pretty freely.

well im pretty sure it is legal in michigan, and if not cops don't give a crap around here about exhaust mods. anyways I think im just gonna get the res chopped first and see how that sounds, then go from there.

Let me know when you do this, I want to hear it!!!

Just put a glasspack in place of the factory resonator. Otherwise it's going to be nasty and raspy. That's what I'm doing. The res. is your bottleneck. Everything else is supposed to flow pretty freely.

thanks for the advice man, but do you think a straight pipe would sound good as well, I know glasspacks are straight through but they still have sound dampeners in them.

blind829 I plan on doing this at the end of june, I will also be brinning my car out to a car shop in grand haven to get dynoed, your more then welcome to come!

Eveyone is right here.

Do not chop them all off and run just the pipes. Chop off mufflers or chop off resonators. Either one would be okay.

Eveyone is right here.

Do not chop them all off and run just the pipes. Chop off mufflers or chop off resonators. Either one would be okay.

thanks harry, I think im gonna go witht he resonator that way I can keep my tips and mufflers the way they are, I will post some vids once its all done.

thanks harry, I think im gonna go witht he resonator that way I can keep my tips and mufflers the way they are, I will post some vids once its all done.

Best choice imho. You might get sick of the drone, but you can always fix that.

Duratecs just do not sound good when you do that. On some V8's yes. Just get some nice mufflers. If anything replace the resonator with a performance res. Always make the car sound better.

Back