• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Bosal Exhaust vid

Sprebound

Veteran CEG'er
This is a video of my car on the dyno at Spring Zing. I have had the exhaust on for a while and I decided it is time to finally put a clip up. I love my exhaust...it sounds real nice, there isn't any rasp and the drone isn't too bad on the highway considering that I took the silencers out. My only problem with it right now is it is out of alignment and I need new rubber hangers.

Scott the car sounds awesome, I think you should sell me that exhaust:crazy: . BTW it was ncei to meet you at SZ.

Aaron

Eh, it was worth a shot :shrug:

Well, as soon as I get outta college and get a decent job I would like to get a newer car and put this one in the garage for some TLC. It ALL depends on how the airline industry is and what the demand for pilots will be when I get out. I guess it also depends on if this car is still alive and the parts availability n such. If this car ever has to leave me and I don't get another contour, the exhaust is all yours buddy.

Wow, that sounds really nice. You may have just convinced me on my new exhaust choice, haha. I love thay exhaust grumble you get when you push in the clutch, reminds me of my old car.

Yeah, the trip to Michigan must have broken in my exhaust because it definitely did not sound like that before I left...not that that is a bad thing. Best of luck to you in finding a Bosal though as I am not too sure that you can buy them anywhere anymore, unless someone has it in their warehouse collecting dust. I got mine off a guy on here for a steal...and I couldn't be happier with the results.

Yeah, the trip to Michigan must have broken in my exhaust because it definitely did not sound like that before I left...not that that is a bad thing. Best of luck to you in finding a Bosal though as I am not too sure that you can buy them anywhere anymore, unless someone has it in their warehouse collecting dust. I got mine off a guy on here for a steal...and I couldn't be happier with the results.

I can get some bosal mufflers cheap if anyone needs anything. PM me :cool:

Its been discussed why the car changes volume after an exhaust is first placed on a car.

One is the fabric material in the mufflers become compacted after lots of heat and carbon starts to attach themselves to the material. 2nd the car finally makes adjustments to the pcm after 4-6 days of driving the car.

My opinion, after having 7 exhausts lol. I like it, i am not a fan of bosal mufflers but the car sounded really good. I wish i knew people didn't show up at the dyno, because i wold of taken there place.

I can get some bosal mufflers cheap if anyone needs anything. PM me :cool:

Its been discussed why the car changes volume after an exhaust is first placed on a car.

One is the fabric material in the mufflers become compacted after lots of heat and carbon starts to attach themselves to the material. 2nd the car finally makes adjustments to the pcm after 4-6 days of driving the car.

My opinion, after having 7 exhausts lol. I like it, i am not a fan of bosal mufflers but the car sounded really good. I wish i knew people didn't show up at the dyno, because i wold of taken there place.

Hmm, I actually did not know that the new exhaust would do that to be honest. It was used when I bought it... I was referring to the catbacks by the way, as it is probably kind of hard to find a new one these days.

I was kind of hesitant on buying it because I didn't want my car to be too loud, but now I am definitely glad that I did. Headers and a y-pipe were in future plans, but now I am kind of afraid that my car will get kind of obnoxious. Guess I will have to wait and see. I hadn't even signed up to run on the dyno...but when I showed up, everyone was just standing around and they asked if I wanted to run my car, so I went for it. Thanks for the compliments.

Last edited:
I have the bosal exaust on my car with msds headers, but my silincer are still in. I love the way your car sounds!

That sounds really sweet. I'll keep it in mind since I'm looking for some new exhaust.

Hmm, I actually did not know that the new exhaust would do that to be honest. It was used when I bought it... I was referring to the catbacks by the way, as it is probably kind of hard to find a new one these days.

I was kind of hesitant on buying it because I didn't want my car to be too loud, but now I am definitely glad that I did. Headers and a y-pipe were in future plans, but now I am kind of afraid that my car will get kind of obnoxious. Guess I will have to wait and see. I hadn't even signed up to run on the dyno...but when I showed up, everyone was just standing around and they asked if I wanted to run my car, so I went for it. Thanks for the compliments.
I have the Bosal exhaust with headers, y-pipe, and a Trubendz high flow cat pipe. It was VERY obnoxious. I got silencers from Bosal (for like $5 each, instead of $60 from retailers), and it's much better... but it still has alot of rasp. If I were planning on keeping the exhaust for much longer, I'd replace the cat with a muffler or resonator... hoping that it would reduce the rasp.

I have the Bosal exhaust with headers, y-pipe, and a Trubendz high flow cat pipe. It was VERY obnoxious. I got silencers from Bosal (for like $5 each, instead of $60 from retailers), and it's much better... but it still has alot of rasp. If I were planning on keeping the exhaust for much longer, I'd replace the cat with a muffler or resonator... hoping that it would reduce the rasp.

See the problem which i did have till today is tons of rasp and drone.

I have headers, true-duals ZERO cats, 18 inch resonators and resonated magnaflow mufflers.

Yes it was crazy loud, so trapps recomended a twin internal split pipe muffler.

Put them on today. Let me say--------it sounds a decimal louder than stock. I LOVE IT. So quiet!!! Best mufflers i have eer tried imho.

Trapps is the man and i owe him a drink now for these.

See the problem which i did have till today is tons of rasp and drone.

I have headers, true-duals ZERO cats, 18 inch resonators and resonated magnaflow mufflers.

Yes it was crazy loud, so trapps recomended a twin internal split pipe muffler.

Put them on today. Let me say--------it sounds a decimal louder than stock. I LOVE IT. So quiet!!! Best mufflers i have eer tried imho.

Trapps is the man and i owe him a drink now for these.

I have Bosal full exhaust and MSDS headers. I also got silencers on but it's still loud. My kids don't like to be in because they said it's too noisy. What's the internal split pipe muffler you mentioned about? Do you get a website link or something?

I just took the silencers out of my bosal set up today, like I said before I do have msds headers and will be adding optimized y-pipe pretty soon I like the sound from the 3L I'll have to post a video up very soon!

I love the sound of the bosal exaust

Back