• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Stupid question?

JJames

CEG'er
I know this is really stupid, but the MSDS headers will bolt straight to the stock SVT exhaust right? I don't have to get anything else right?

well yes but installing them is very labor intensive. also when you install them you should put on a MSDS or other y-pipe but yes they bolt to the stock y-pipe.

as far as getting something else. your going to need new gaskets for your headers. MSDS comes with new studs and gaskets i believe.

Yes, it bolts right up. I ran mine to the stock y-pipe with no problems, other than losing the ponies I will gain once I optimize it.:laugh:

Can someone link a how-to on installing headers? I looked in the "how-to" section but only found something on how to optimize the y-pipe also did some searching with no luck. I know some veteran is going copy it in here and call me a newb but I am ok with that. Saturday is the day all my parts are going in and I am not worried about installing them, just want the write up incase I need to reference it.

Never saw a purple svt before.

Did you just install the headers??
Nice 19's btw. Worldtour was selling those years ago. I wonder if those were the rims that he indeed sell.

2642799_1_full.jpg

It shouldnt hurt anything but your mileage may start sucking.

If your mileage starts sucking when you have a CEL it means the computer has gone into limp mode. It does this for severe vacuum leaks. That's not something I'd drive around with and not worry about.

The only way to know what the problem is would be to get the codes pulled. Some problems are minor and can be put off. Others should not.

If your mileage starts sucking when you have a CEL it means the computer has gone into limp mode. It does this for severe vacuum leaks. That's not something I'd drive around with and not worry about.

The only way to know what the problem is would be to get the codes pulled. Some problems are minor and can be put off. Others should not.

Since i can't get a set of mils to work for the life of me. I gave up trying to remove my cel's :shrug:

I'm just going to get a tune and have joey remove them that way. BEcause there is no hope for me:help:

Before i was gettin 330-340. I'm getting about 280-300 to a full tank.

But we were talking about o2 sensor codes from losing the pre-cats, not an actual engine problem.

Since i can't get a set of mils to work for the life of me. I gave up trying to remove my cel's

You may wanna try the anti-fouler trick before you completely give up.

You may wanna try the anti-fouler trick before you completely give up.

Yeah i was thinking about doing that. My only problem is that the rear o2 sensor would be hitting my heatshield. I can't even get the rear o2 sensor out lol. It is seriously stuck on there!!!

After reading the above post (horror story)about 18 hrs to install MSDS headers,
how much HP are we talking from a header swap and maybe a matching y pipe on a bone stock 98.5 CSVT?

Back