• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Resinator

If i cut out my resonator will it be ok if i put on flex pipe with to U bolts?

If your ghetto:rolleyes:
Atleast spend 20 dollars and buy a cheap glasspack and get that welded in its place.

Go to an exhaust shop and ask them if they would remove it and weld in a glasspack.

A flexpipe with two u bolts will work. Its been working for me for the past 15,000 miles with no problems..... 1 note, however, you will need to rig up a hanger or it will scrape on hard bumps.

I still think thats pretty ghetto. Just spend the $25 to have a muffler shop weld a solid pipe in place rather than use a weaker flexpipe.

If your ghetto:rolleyes:
Atleast spend 20 dollars and buy a cheap glasspack and get that welded in its place.

Go to an exhaust shop and ask them if they would remove it and weld in a glasspack.

Listen to Harry. A glasspack sounds really nice with the stock mufflers.

yea harry took it.

I repalced 85% of the thing with all new parts. It was garbage to being with and had 18 leaks. I welded them all closed and then just scrapped the exhaust. I kept the front end tubes, which were from the sho-shop part.

In all seriousness be glad i did that for you :) Be glad i worked on that car before yo got it :)

get the dynomax glasspack dont get the cherry bomb version, it is more restricive actually.

and what i still laugh at is everyday i hear/see resonator (correct spelling) i see it spelled differently.

resinater
resinator
resonator
resignater
resignator

believe me ive seen them all i just thought it was kinda funny.

got a glasspack going in today and getting the Y-pipe optimized can't beat the price two hundo for everything and can't wait to hear it...:laugh:

does anyone have a soundclip of the stock SVT exhaust with a glasspack in place of the resonator? I looked at the sticky and only saw a "res delete." or is that the same thing??

I have a gutted main cat and resinator deleate with straight pipe in its place and it sounds to raspy....crappy if you ask me. If i wasn't sellin my car id put a glasspack on.

get the dynomax glasspack dont get the cherry bomb version, it is more restricive actually.

and what i still laugh at is everyday i hear/see resonator (correct spelling) i see it spelled differently.

Kind of like how I see restrictive spelled differently every time I see it, eh? :laugh:

And how can the cherry bomb glasspack be restrictive? It's a hollow tube!

Oh and can anyone find that comparison pic of the SVT and regular Contour exhaust? I have been trying to dig it up, but I'm getting nothing.

I love the sound of mine:laugh: pretty deep alittle drone but I think that it sounds great especially at about 4000 rpms. I can feel the improvment in the throttle response as well. If I knew how to put a sound clip on I would but for the price your not going to get a better mod. (side note CAI arrives today:crazy:)

Anyone have some pics of a stock SVT system? I'm unsure if the resonater has been replaced or not. Don't know what a stock one looks like. The one on mine is shaped like a short glasspack. I believe my whole system is still stock. :shrug:

Back