• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

True duals finally on.

Harrry

Addicted CEG'er
Well we finished the install last night.

Here is what i have for an exhaust.

Msds Headers, 2 magnaflow resonators and 2 magnaflow racing mufflers. The tubes run under the gas tank.

Yes, it is very loud and annoying. Man does 5k and above rev like crazy. I love the instant torque that is created when i just touch the gas.

Over it was well worth it. Waiting to get installed are my edlebrock muffler/resonator to help reduce the drone. Which is unberable when accelerating. At my suprise at cruising 70mphs the car is super quiet.

I must say that i have no problem tearing up my tires hitting 2nd gear on my 18's. Even squaking 3rd is fun :cool:
I wonder what it will be when i put my 16's back on. lol

lol congrats :)

if i didnt spend $900 on headers ypipe catback already i would go the true dual route but i dont feel like putting it up in the air again and spending the money. ill just say its true dual and unless someone looks under the car they wont be able to tell ;)

Well we finished the install last night.

Here is what i have for an exhaust.

Msds Headers, 2 magnaflow resonators and 2 magnaflow racing mufflers. The tubes run under the gas tank.

Yes, it is very loud and annoying. Man does 5k and above rev like crazy. I love the instant torque that is created when i just touch the gas.

Over it was well worth it. Waiting to get installed are my edlebrock muffler/resonator to help reduce the drone. Which is unberable when accelerating. At my suprise at cruising 70mphs the car is super quiet.

I must say that i have no problem tearing up my tires hitting 2nd gear on my 18's. Even squaking 3rd is fun :cool:
I wonder what it will be when i put my 16's back on. lol

Any chance you got a video or a sound clip of it? Have you done anything else to your car as far as performance?

good deal harry!! i'm putting my old setup back on...i'll deal w/the loudness. the seat of the pants feeling of them kills the shoshop/stock catback setup i have now. i'm going to replace the stupertrapps w/bosal canisters though.

Harry... Aaron told me that your car pulled like no other 2.5 next time im down i gotta go for a rip

IT screams even more now. Seriously i couldn't believe it last night. I threw on my 75mm pro-m and a 65mm tb. Instant TQ like no other.. i wwas like woooo:shocked: .

Well i hope you come down soon wes. My 3L goes will be going in next month:cool:

Here is a picture for now, i'll be getting a video up in the next couple of days.

n501667161_492010_2689.jpg

Last edited:
so i'm not the only one that like the 65mm tb eh?:laugh: i sold mine....and want it back:nonono:

so i'm not the only one that like the 65mm tb eh?:laugh: i sold mine....and want it back:nonono:

With the stock maf, i had good throttle response, it felt alittle better through the rpms.

After the 75mm pro-m was put on. :shocked: :)

I was grinning the whole time.

All these little mods will really complement my 3L.

Man i havn't been this excited in a loong time.

isn't the intake sound great:laugh: are you running stock 65,or optimized? i was running a optimized/polished 65mm,and i had this whistle at partial throttle that sounded like a subtle oem turbo whistle,like one from a vw 1.8t.

isn't the intake sound great:laugh: are you running stock 65,or optimized? i was running a optimized/polished 65mm,and i had this whistle at partial throttle that sounded like a subtle oem turbo whistle,like one from a vw 1.8t.

i didn't optimized mine

65mm = perfect for my 75mm Its almost perfect in mm throught the system.

I'm scared a opt'd 65 will kill my low end.

i recently switched from opt. 65 to stock than optimized stocker...couldn't feel a increase in tq down low:shrug: ...but was disapointed in the upper rev's:laugh:

i recently switched from opt. 65 to stock than optimized stocker...couldn't feel a increase in tq down low:shrug: ...but was disapointed in the upper rev's:laugh:

Yeah my 4.5k and above is great.

I'm not getting that whistle while driving though.

i think that comes from the optimizing of it..even w/the cc cai you could hear it w/the windows up:laugh:

i think that comes from the optimizing of it..even w/the cc cai you could hear it w/the windows up:laugh:

When i had my NP CAI it did whistle while i drove around now i think about it.

It was kinda kool. MrsHarry use too ask me what that was. I would always tell her that my car is whistling at her lol.
Yea gay i know but i have adry sense of humor.:cool:

My gf broke my Digital camera so i am waiting for my new camera to get in so i can do a recording.

Trust me i am pissed. :mad:

Dont make her angry man, I don't have time to make her feel better today :laugh:.

JK... whens the 3.0 going in?

Back