• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Trubendz fitment

SVT24V

New CEG'er
I just bought a 2.5 trubendz cat back with the magnaflow 4x9 oval and the resonated tips. Over all I really do like it.

I am curious to see what others are saying about fittment.

Please post pics with you problem areas and what your solution was.

Once I get Mine Fixed I will Post pics with my fixes.

This exhaust does sound great though.

The biggest problem that has been repeated many times.

One of the tail pipes is always larger then the other one. Making the muffler/tail pipe stick out too far.

Others have said, inserting each tube into one another is impossible because the tubes were never enlarged, Making people have to get them welded.

The biggest problem that has been repeated many times.

One of the tail pipes is always larger then the other one. Making the muffler/tail pipe stick out too far.

Others have said, inserting each tube into one another is impossible because the tubes were never enlarged, Making people have to get them welded.

I guess I lucked out. No problem with the pipes fitting together. They should revisit hanger placement though.

one exhaust pipe/resonator/tip was perfect while the other was two inches to short. luckly all of my exhaust hangers lined up.

should be cheap to have an exhaust shop fix it.

Yeah, my piping kit was perfect until you reach the end of it.

One pipe is longer than the other and not enlarged. Everything was bolted up to the car and then I took it down to an exhaust shop and had them cut the rear pipes, enlarge them and install the mufflers. Otherwise the fitment was perfect for the rest of the kit.

one of my center pipes was too long (between muffler and cat) and had to be cut to fit properly. I also had (have still) the issue of one tailpipe sticking out much further than the other, plus my rearmost hangers on both sides were completely wrong. One side was sort of in the right place, but left the tip hanging about 4 inches too low, and the other one just wasn't even in the same ballpark as the bodyside hanger.

I don't know about you guys but trying to do this with the car on jack stands sucks. I guess once i get everything fitted right I will get it tacked tight and have a buddy weld it up.

The only fitment problem I'm having is that the tips are angled too closely together and they touch the rear valance. I should be able to fix it by adjusting the hangers. If that doesn't work, I'll just have to pay a shop to bend the pipes just a hair outward. The setup's only been on the car a day (Trubendz 2.5" non-resonated single Flowmaster) but so far I LIKE it!

i just used and exhaust pipe expander tool to open up the pipes so the fit. yea one of my tail pipes is longer than the other and 1 hanger is off so it makes the Y crooked. i still have yet to have a shop fix it.

Back