• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Cougar exhaust?

klapp

CEG'er
I tried searching here and over on NECO, couldnt really come up with a definite answer. Was wondering if the dual exit from promotion for the cougar will fit the CSVT. Anyone got an answer?

you'll NEVER get it. well you will,but it'll take months and months..and maybe another month.
stay clear of them.

I know they take a long time. My buddy has a cougar, I was gonna bring his car to an exhaust shop and have them match the piping for the 'tour. Thats why I asked. But will it fit?

depends..svt or not. the bends are the same but the tips are too close to each other on the cougar to fit in the svt cut outs.

Yea its an SVT. I guess I will have to have them custom bend it while my car is in there then.

why not just keep the svt piping and add a glasspack in place of the resonator,and do diff. mufflers? its already mandral bent. 95% of exhaust shops don't have a 10k dollar mandral bender. so it's going to be crush bent rust prone pipe:nonono: the stock diameter is plenty for a stock to mildly modded svt engine. your gains are a headers,ypipe and removal of the resonator.:cool:

it will just fit. aircougar is running a trubendz cougar exhaust on his SVT. there is just enough pipe to make the tips line up with the exhaust cutouts and just enough length to make the tips sit in the openning.

otherwise teh cougar dual exhaust is to narrow and short to fit the SVT ... it should work alot easier on a SE ....

it will just fit. aircougar is running a trubendz cougar exhaust on his SVT. there is just enough pipe to make the tips line up with the exhaust cutouts and just enough length to make the tips sit in the openning.

otherwise teh cougar dual exhaust is to narrow and short to fit the SVT ... it should work alot easier on a SE ....

Can you get pics? My GL has no cutouts (of course) so I can create my own. Curious to see what it would look like with the tips closer together.

I was told by the exhaust shop by my house that the only way to "re-do" my exhaust is to either A. replace both mufflers with aftermarket ones. or B. Have straight pipes off of my Magnaflow resonator.

Either of those don't sound too appealing to me. But, if that's my only option. I really want something like what I had on my Cougar. The dual exit flowmaster that promotiontuning offers. Which is why I asked if it would fit the SVT.

Any one have any good exhaust recommendations without really breaking the bank?

thats what just about everyone running a aftermarket catback is running. lots of options for sound and price. i'd get the ypipe too

thats what just about everyone running a aftermarket catback is running. lots of options for sound and price. i'd get the ypipe too

I was planning on installing this kit, and MSDS headers. And I thought I heard an optimized stock y-pipe had better results than any others? Either way I will have a better than stock y-pipe.

Last edited:
Back