Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

resonator delete

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by SVTC1136 View Post
    But you also have 2 mufflers.
    Exactly. He was expecting you to replace a muffler with the cherry bomb but you'll still have the 2 mufflers there to quiet it down.
    2000 "Amazon" Tropic Green CSVT #836/2150

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Dyoel182 View Post
      Exactly. He was expecting you to replace a muffler with the cherry bomb but you'll still have the 2 mufflers there to quiet it down.
      Well I guess if he thought I was replacing my muffler with the bomb, that would make sense. Though the mystique only has the one small muffler, not 2 like on the SVT's.
      95 Mystique 2L Auto
      98 SE Contour Auto
      98 Taurus Vulcan Auto

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by loggerbomb View Post
        Well I guess if he thought I was replacing my muffler with the bomb, that would make sense. Though the mystique only has the one small muffler, not 2 like on the SVT's.
        Ma bad. Didn't realise you were putting this on a mystique. Still, having a muffler in the line should help significantly. You may just want to put an equivalent resonator back in though if you aren't looking to make any changes, just fix the leak.
        00 Silver Frost SVTC #1429/2150: Born 10 Jan, 2000
        3.0L, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, LSD, Koni Sport Kit +more

        Comment


        • #49
          i just deleated my resinator and gutted my main cat and at first it sounded perfect and gain more power...now it still sounds good...but it did get a bit raspier.
          98 silverfrost CSVT #3974 of 6535 - 180,000 miles.
          Dustin Wentworth-Gonvick, MN/In Victorville, CA right now.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by 98csvt69 View Post
            i just deleated my resinator and gutted my main cat and at first it sounded perfect and gain more power...now it still sounds good...but it did get a bit raspier.
            Yes because you still need some type of resonator on your exhaust.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by 98csvt69 View Post
              i just deleated my resinator and gutted my main cat\

              You dont have emissions to worry about?
              2000 "Amazon" Tropic Green CSVT #836/2150

              Comment


              • #52
                ugh. Exhaust. The most commonly screwed up thing. EVER. Its almost an art, and it IS a science. Ever take 2 liter bottles and but water in them and something to keep it from spilling out, take caps off. Then let the water slowly drain as it bubbles, *BUT - SPIN the bottles around, it creates a vortex/whirlpool that makes the water drain out MUCH faster. This is why bigger is NOT always better. They tune the size to produce a suimilar effect. Best thing IMO is get tid of most restrictive thing (resonator), replace with a borla pro XS (extra silent) muffler for the resonator and get rid of your mufflers. Awesome.

                Comment

                Working...
                X