• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

MSDS Headers and Y w/ Trubendz reonated magnaflow catback w/ cat pipe . . .

Rara

Hard-core CEG'er
Worst Drone EVER! From 2k to 2800 rpm at part throttle, the drone is nearly unbearable. Idle drone is very bad as well. WOT Above 3k is actually quieter than part throttle at 2800 rpm. The plus side is that above 3k rpm it sounds amazing.

I'm going to have to do something to kill the drone for sure.

If it's too loud, you're too old :laugh:.

How does it compare to your ride in my car. Same setup as yours sans catalytics.

I don't recall your car having anywhere NEAR the same level of drone, not by a longshot.

Total volume isn't the problem really, its the resonance in the drone frequency. induces headaches almost instantly.

possibly, but i'm not convinced, at least not convinced enough to buy a bunch of new parts yet. I've got a friend that designs OEM exhaust bits, I'll check w/ him I think.

Though, I bet a rotary muffler would work perfectly. . .

possibly, but i'm not convinced, at least not convinced enough to buy a bunch of new parts yet. I've got a friend that designs OEM exhaust bits, I'll check w/ him I think.

Though, I bet a rotary muffler would work perfectly. . .

Haha.... try driving it for awhile man lol

Stock cat pipe? or high flow. Is it msds y-pipe?

Also magnaflows mufflers and resonator hardly cut down noises. You need mufflers with baffels.

That was my issue. So i put the stock resonator back on. Stock mufflers too lol. I guess I'm too old to deal with that noise everyday.

Currently i have msds headers bat pipe with a high flow cat. Stock resonator and mufflers. Its perfect and not loud at all. I def lost power reinstalling the stock resonator. I reduced the headache i had every day. So its worth it to me.

so you got msds headers, msds y pipe?, and tru bendz magnaflow resontated exhaust? got any sound clips? i'm thinking about that same set-up except a tru-bendz catted y-pipe so its not raspy

so you got msds headers, msds y pipe?, and tru bendz magnaflow resontated exhaust? got any sound clips? i'm thinking about that same set-up except a tru-bendz catted y-pipe so its not raspy

Like pud said, I do have the trubendz cat pipe as well. It sounds REALLY good, with no rasp at all, its just the darn resonance that gets set up at part throttle between 2000-2800 rpm. I may try to take some video of a driveby with the car later this week when I get some time.

Like pud said, I do have the trubendz cat pipe as well. It sounds REALLY good, with no rasp at all, its just the darn resonance that gets set up at part throttle between 2000-2800 rpm. I may try to take some video of a driveby with the car later this week when I get some time.

Where is this video............. you lazy old man.

meh, it was too cold back then. I've been chasing my tail on a bunch of other little crap on the car when i actually work on it anyway. It still has a lot of ghetto-fab (tm) type stuff on it that I haven't finished sorting out. I just never feel like working on the car when I actually have time.

Back