• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Quick question...

Sprebound

Veteran CEG'er
What would the cost of a custom true duals setup? Like, I know that it would vary from shop to shop for labor costs...but compared to say buying a Trubendz kit, would it be cheaper to have a shop fab one up for you? Maybe this is a stupid question...but I am drunk and thinking about it...haha.

What would the cost of a custom true duals setup? Like, I know that it would vary from shop to shop for labor costs...but compared to say buying a Trubendz kit, would it be cheaper to have a shop fab one up for you? Maybe this is a stupid question...but I am drunk and thinking about it...haha.

Our cars are kinda awkward to have a true dual setup, the exhaust has to hang rather low for my liking. I think you could get it done cheap enough but I'm not sure it'd be worth it. Why can't we just weld you up some mufflers eh? :laugh:

Duals sound like poo... at least most do. And unless you're muffler shop is top dog, they probably dont have a mandral bender either, so you'll end up with crush bends

Well...thought I would at least ask...haha. It sounded like a really sweet idea in my inebriated head at least. I would just like to get some sorta exhaust on my car but I don't wanna pay a lot of money and I don't want ill fitting exhaust... Guess I can't have my cake and eat it to but I am just looking for an alternative to what is out there.

Back