• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need P/N for 2.5" Exhaust Gasket

bullion

CEG'er
Does anyone have a part number for a 2.5" diameter exhaust gasket (I need it to hook up a 2.5" TruBendz exhaust)? I went to Murray's Discount Auto and AutoZone tonight trying to find one, but both stores claimed they need a vehicle make/model or a part number to look up the exhaust gasket.

you should just be able to go in and ask for a 2-bolt exhaust gasket that is 2.5 ID ...

One would think.

I don't know what their deal is. They are telling me that they would have to look through the flanges one-by-one to find a match (which they are not willing to do).

well you could just buy gasket material and make one yourself.

doesn't trubendz also sell the gaskets?

I'm looking for a quick, inexpensive solution so I would prefer to just buy it at an auto parts store.

I am thinking a lot of the Mustangs (3.8L or 5.0L) had a two-bolt 2.5" diameter exhaust system...can anyone confirm this?

Nevermind, I got what I needed from Advance Auto Parts...the guy was able to look through their paper catalog to find what I needed. In case anyone else is faced with the same problem, the part number information is:

SKU #5601037
MFG #31311

Back