• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

resonator options

I am sure it will work as long as its the right size ...

most people use magnaflow resonators, and a few have used glaspaks

yup many have done that. however it will rasp pretty bad when cold, otherwise once fully warmed up your good to go and it sounds pretty decent

my car sounds good, but i just dont like the ricey farting noise it has whenever i accerlerate in first gear... and im tired of setting off the sensitive car alarms in my parking garage

I removed the resonator and replaced it with a Magnaflow Turbo 3 muffler and did away with the stock mufflers. I think that it sounds really good. I have had many people tell me and it sounds like a Mustang GT with good exhaust when its below 2500rpms then you can tell that it just doesn't have the cubic inches to back it up above that.

I removed the resonator and replaced it with a Magnaflow Turbo 3 muffler and did away with the stock mufflers. I think that it sounds really good. I have had many people tell me and it sounds like a Mustang GT with good exhaust when its below 2500rpms then you can tell that it just doesn't have the cubic inches to back it up above that.

Same setup here. I have been told plenty of times my car sounds like a "mini" v8, burble and all. Perhaps Chinaski we can meet up somewhere and I could let you hear it.

Back