• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

where is the how to for the se dual exhaust hanger

Damien

CEG'er
I am getting a trubendz and need to add the passenger side hanger. I remember seeing a how to to make it, and some pics under the car where it bolts up, but have searched for an hour and can't find it.... any help?

http://contour.org/mods/mods.php?s=howto&displayid=25

or I did this

DSC01087.JPG

or you can find someone parting out a SVT and buy the passangerside hanger ...

so that is just a u shaped piece of metal with an allen bold to tighten it onto the seam? is the hanger prong just sitting in there or did you weld it in? looks like a better way to go since there is no extra cutting / welding / drilling. uhhh wait on second look thts not what that is at all.... what is going on there?

I used a universal hanger, pulled the bumper and drilled a whole to bolt the hanger to ... but I now have a SVT hanger ...

damn so i will have to pull the bumper.... i think one of the bolts is stripped on that thing. Oh well better than tapping holes or something.

no you don't have to pull the bumper, you just remove the two nuts that retain the bumper on the passanger side and the hanger bold to the car under the nuts ... no need to pull the bumper.

now if you use a universal hanger like I pictured above I did pull the bumper to drill the hole.

I just used a univeral hanger, took out one of the nuts that hold the bumper on the car, hook up the hanger and adjust it to the hight you want, and put the nut back on. Easy. Just get under there and look and see what it is like and then find a hanger.....I used one with a U joint at the end so it would hook underneath the tip.

Back