• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Exhaust Gasket

SpdySVT

CEG'er
hey i did my 2.5 to 3.0 swap and my exhaust flange gasket "the one the connects the manifold to the first section of the stock exhaust" was misplaced well auto zone, napa, advance auto doesn't have one and im never home when ford is open .. does anyone know where i can get one asap ???????

ok are you talking about the y-pipe to cat connection or the exhaust manifold to the y-pipe?

sounds like you are talking about the exhaust manifold to the y-pipe and there isn't a gasket for that.

really it had one when i removed it .. yeah where the y pipe hooks up with the cat back...

ok that is different then what I was refering to. yes there should be a ceramic donut on the end of the 2 bolt y-pipe. I believe that Napa lists it online but I have only gotten mine from Ford.

yeah thats it i seen it online from napa but it's not in stores.... but it's 8:30am and im heading to ford now to see if they have one ..

ok that is different then what I was refering to. yes there should be a ceramic donut on the end of the 2 bolt y-pipe. I believe that Napa lists it online but I have only gotten mine from Ford.

ford should have one, last time I needed one they had it in stock, I think it also fits some V8 exhausts also ... they come 2 per bag I believe but you can buy just one, should be like $15

ford should have one, last time I needed one they had it in stock, I think it also fits some V8 exhausts also ... they come 2 per bag I believe but you can buy just one, should be like $15

yeah i just ordered it this morning... 16 bucks should be here in town by 10 am tomorrow 9/7/07 "friday" they had to order it from the ford HVC in davenport about 25 miles away .. i use to work there should of stocked up on parts then ..

mine did something similar, when i put the test pipe on we had to push the exhaust forward more to get one of the hangers on and it knicked the gasket and it pretty much crumbled, greg did his best to put it back to get but it has a few holes, and blows air off when i decelerate almost like a BOV sounds like when you put the valve stem out of a tire.... gotta get a new gasket this week, just been dealing with a death in the near family... it sucks.

thats awsome about the gasket i got one too the same day my car kinda felt like it lost power and it will not start it wants to start but no go it's getting spark and fuel 42lbs in the fuel rail and the engine rolls over smoothly but no start any clue on this ... just incase you may of herd of this b 4 .. i also have it posted in the 3.0 section too .. but if u or anyone knows i don't care ow you answer the question just answer it 4 me ... much thanks again in advance ..

Back