• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2001 ST200 cams

aussiejock

New CEG'er
I am fitting the above with the same vehicle heads to a 99 non SVT engine. The cams are from one of the last ST200's in the UK. Done a search for the part numbers and have found that the cams I have are the 8mm pitch (1s7e DA)instead of the 3/8" pitch (f73e BA. Can these be fitted with the same timing gear?

Thanks in advance

AJ

I am fitting the above with the same vehicle heads to a 99 non SVT engine. The cams are from one of the last ST200's in the UK. Done a search for the part numbers and have found that the cams I have are the 8mm pitch (1s7e DA)instead of the 3/8" pitch (f73e BA. Can these be fitted with the same timing gear?

Thanks in advance

AJ
No, you must use the cranksprocket, chains, tensioners, and guides for 8mm pitch systems. You might ask around to see if anyone on the boards has 8mm parts left over from their 3.0L conversions.

Thanks in advance

AJ

Are you sure they are from an ST200? and not an ST220? My understanding from a Ford Duratec engine engineer was that all SVT and ST200 cams were identical and the ST220 went to the 1s7e gears. If they are the ST220 cams, you definately want them anyway as they are even better than the SVT/ST200. You shouldn't have any difficulty locating the later timing setups from someone here in the states that has swapped SVT cams into a 3.0L

I know the guy i got them from personally, so they are ST200's

Heres some photos

IMG_1855.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

IMG_1858.jpg

Thanks alot for helping me out, there is not enough experience over here in the UK.

I know the guy i got them from personally, so they are ST200's

Heres some photos

Thanks alot for helping me out, there is not enough experience over here in the UK.

you got that right over here in the uk they seem to prefer playing with the 2.0 there hardly any performance parts for the V6 in the uk

had all 3 sets of cams in front of me this winter, st24, st200, and st200, as I had bought a 3l st220 engine to drop into my st24, and bought a st200 engine to get the cams for my port matched 3l
did some measuring and no surprise to see st200 cams have more duration on inlets and exhaust than st24, and st220 cams
comparing st24 to st220 cams show the st24 inlet has more duration on the short runner port than the st220 inlet , but the 220 exhaust has a bit more duration than the st24
anyway st24 cams have green band, st200 orange band, and st220 black band
I have a set of the finer pitch chains, tensioners, guides etc, which I was going to throw into the st24 engine along with the st220 cams
could do you a swop for the st24 cams , chains tensioners, etc, you would just have to stand the postage costs
as regards the v6 I just rebuilt my st220 engine this winter
crank, rods, pistons, flywheel assembly etc, dynamically balanced, main and big end bearings supplied by chesman engineering in coventry
f1 rods and cp pistons from Campbell enterprises in usa
gaskets, stretch bolts, etc from mounttune in uk
ported the heads, manifolds myself, and had the valve seats recut 3 angles

Back