• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The "Beast" is back!

I don't want it but can you build me an identical engine and turbo setup? lmao

Just takes money, unfortunately lots of it. A turbo kit is $3500 or so, engine is about $6000 once it is built with good parts. Don't forget time, it takes quite a bit of time to finish also. I was fortunate that I had the resources and time, this wasn't my daily driver ( but is now ).

I love driving this car. On ramps to highways are so much fun. I will go out of my way to get on a highway, even if it is the wrong direction. This thing compresses time and distance so quickly it makes me giddy...

When you can hit triple digits by the end of a ramp and youre not even trying it is a fun time

turbomotor.jpg

.... that's a novel way to weld a strut brace to the front legs.

Care to expand on the thinking behind it and results it gives please ..... thanks .....G.

I didn't weld it, it came that way when I bought the car. Not sure what the benefit is, if any.

....i can remember being told not to bolt directly to the top of the damper because they may snap off.

That looks like it would eliminate the top rubber between the turret and the leg without actually using the damper top nut.

Extra stiffness is desirable.... just wondered if that was safe .... G.

Thats a Sho Shop fstb. If my memory serves me right people had problems with it ripping off the top of the struts.

Thats a Sho Shop fstb. If my memory serves me right people had problems with it ripping off the top of the struts.

Can't understand why they make them out of such hard/brittle steel..... high carbon content i'm guessing.

Still; a couple of plates for strut mounts and the brace bar could still be used. ....G.

Update: I was gone for 5 months because I don't do winters...

Returned home and started driving "The Beast" again, man I missed this car. Set the boost controller on 13 lbs now and it works great. Just about perfect power for the 3.50 final drive ratio. 2nd and 3rd gear are a bit scary but very fun. This car is so fun, hell the stock CSVT was fun but when you double the horse power it becomes twice as fun.

I wanted to put 1500 miles on it before final tuning, looks like I am over that now. It runs perfect virtually everywhere, only needs more fuel just before boost and it will be set. I will have a few weeks off from racing so I hope to go to Indy sometime next month and put it on Skillman's dyno.

Hey Don, do you think you'll be able to attend the CISVT meet at Hooters on April 26th? I'll try to make it there before it ends. Flying back from SZ that day.

Back