• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Getting new engine finished

crewchiefpro

Hard-core CEG'er
Here is some pics of my new engine that my son and I are building. It will replace the turbo motor that currently has a hole the size of a baseball through the entire block....

Forged everything, good heads, SVT Cams, big throttle body and MAF. Balanced the crank. Big fuel pump.

15 psi and make it live. Hoping for 450 HP at the wheels, even if the traction is not very good it will be fun. Anything over 420 HP at the wheels will be fun. We will know for sure once it is tuned.

heads..jpg
new_rods..jpg
contourpistons..jpg
crankinblock..jpg

My car doesn't even have 60k miles on it and it has gone through 6 motors. Time to put an end to breaking rods.

Pistons go in this week, hopefully have it running quickly. It isn't my daily driver but she and I have fun together when I am not racing.

While I will not rule out a tune from Nautilus as a culprit, there is no doubt the rods are just junk, and the true cause of my issues. As many here have found, when the rods get weak they just go bang. Many of you have found this out with 200 HP motors, double the HP and they don't stand a chance.

The tune will be provided on a dyno, by someone with knowledge of turbo tuning.

Lol, it's a whole different animal with a turbo contour, these motors aren't meant for boost.... Add in the fact that Joey (npg) put the car together the first time, it is now becoming apparent just how many corners were cut... Joey is also the one who blew the first motor up, because he didn't know how to use a boost controller.

This is only the 4th motor we are doing. First one (joeys 2nd) blew up about a month after he bought it. 2nd lasted quite a while, blew up last January, 3rd we finished last fall and was never right, I don't think it's actually blown up, it just is going to last much longer..

But I'm sure he just needs to work on his driving......

Sent from my Note 3

Excellent build! It's been awhile since the last post. How is it coming along? I'm excited to see some more pictures! Good luck

Back