• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Part number for lower cylinder block bolts

crewchiefpro

Hard-core CEG'er
Getting ready to assemble the motor but I am having a tough time finding the lower cylinder block bolts ( the bolts that hold the part that holds the crankshaft ) .

Did a search here and don't see them listed, anyone got part numbers or a place to get them?

Here you go
IMG_20140502_082506_zpsb118ac5d.png

They do not! However I think you can individually order all you need - the only thing I wasn't sure about was how to retain the windage tray if you use ARP studs - can you get them with 2 different sections of thread?

I already investigated this a while back. It wasn't going to happen. Some of those part numbers have been superseded and are no longer avaiable, which may be why they are on back order. I'll have to see if I can find my receipt for the bolts I ordered from Ford.

I called Turbohoses.com and see if they have some to sell. They have to call me back.

ARP will build them to fit according to their sales people, I just need to get them the dimensions.

I called Turbohoses.com and see if they have some to sell. They have to call me back.

ARP will build them to fit according to their sales people, I just need to get them the dimensions.

Call me interested - especially if they are no longer available from ford - although that seems weird since the engine hasn't been out of production that long (i assume it is out of production)

Alright gents here you go. These are the Ford part numbers for the girdle. I'll add these numbers to the 3L part number thread as well.

qty 4 p/n: YL8Z-6345-AA, $6.04
qty 4 p/n: YL8Z-6345-BA, $7.25
qty 4 p/n: F5RZ-6345-D, $4.22
qty 4 p/n: F5RZ-6345-C, $3.01

total cost $82.08

pricing from receipt dated 02APR2010 from Tousley Ford (now Auto Nation)

EDIT: Looks like the part numbers don't pull up anymore on the Auto Nation website (https://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/), but I did find them on the Ford Parts Giant website (http://www.fordpartsgiant.com/) at similar prices. Total ended up at $99.16 before shipping. I see many dealer parts websites selling these parts still so I bet if you called Auto Nation and spoke with Mike M they'd be able to find them and help you out.

EDIT #2: Also in my Google search I found the old thread where this information was also shared ;)
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?58456-main-girdle-bulkhead-bolts&p=831877#post831877

Here are the bolt part numbers that I purchased for my 2005 3L just a few months ago. They are correct as they match exactly what I already have and they hold my girdle to my block nicely ;)

1-2-3-4-17: F5RZ-6345-C, $3.01 EA (sub total $12.04, only buying 1-2-3-4)

13-14-15-16: F5RZ-6345-D, $4.22 EA (sub total $16.88)

5-6-7-8: YL8Z-6345-BA, $7.25 EA(sub total $29)

9-10-11-12: YL8Z-6345-AA, $6.04 EA (sub total $24.16)

Total Cost: $82.08
I figured I only needed to buy the bolts then held down over the mains because these are the critical bolts, the other bolts I reused.

These look like the same part numbers you posted initially. I'll go find my recent and tell you what I paid for them, but it wasn't cheap.

To get the above pricing call Steve at Tousley Ford, 1-800-328-9552. Tell him Mike Ries (pronounced 'Reese') sent you and you want the SVT Performance group pricing.

Last edited:
Yes, Thank you.
I am about to embark on the 3L Vortech Journey, and I'm collecting all these pieces I know I'm going to need.

Also, Thanks for running into these problems ahead of me Don, haha.

Back