• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2.5 Cams VS 3.0 Cams

Quicksight

CEG'er
Howdy guys! Well I just finished up my 3L swap :) I'm so excited it's running pretty good. I did a port match swap and I was wondering: It seems the 3.0 is a powerhouse right around 3,500- 4,500 RPMs and then suddenly slows WAY down, it's almost like I can't even reach 5,200 RPMs.. Is this a common problem? I know the cams are different and I've heard the 3L cams have more mid range power. What do you guys think?

At are some of the differences in the cams? Also I'm pretty sure my secondaries are opening up, I can hear it in the motor :)

hi I completed my port matched 3l conversion using an st220 engine, not sure if it has the same cams as yours but on the dyno it continues to make power right to the limiter , maybe you need to get a remap

On mine the engine signs off at 6000 with the 3.0 cams. The SVT cams give it a few hundred more RPM.

You need to get the engine management system tuned if you really want the best results.

you need to get it on a dyno, or a really knowledgable "street" tuner to get the most out of the new setup.

Back