• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mods before tune?

CLASSVT

Veteran CEG'er
I'll be investing in a tune by brenspeed soon. Not sure if I'll go dyno or mail order, but I'm wondering if I should get a bigger MAF or injectors prior to the tune. Right now both are stock on a 3L hybrid with Bassani cat back, MSDS, Optimized TB and Y pipe. Would I benefit from either of these mods in your opinion?

Dyno > mail tune

.... you might want to post up specific details of what you have, sizes etc.

Generally speaking, you don't need a bigger MAF unless you're going FI.

Also; you don't need bigger injectors unless you are running yours at over 85% duty cycle.

3.0L valves in your 2.5L heads would have been the mod to have .... then everything you do to the intake tract would have yielded maximum gains ...G.

Sorry I guess I don't know what specific details you're looking for, but thank you for your reply.

I had my friend/mechanic to the 3l hybrid setup way back in '03. Good to know about the MAF. I remember my buddy Mark (Y2KSVT) had the bigger MAF on his NA 3l hybrid but wasn't sure if that really would do much for me.

Sorry I guess I don't know what specific details you're looking for, but thank you for your reply. .

Are you running 17lb 19lb 21lb 24lb injectors... what color are they ?

Which size TB did you have optimized ?

I had my friend/mechanic to the 3l hybrid setup way back in '03. Good to know about the MAF. I remember my buddy Mark (Y2KSVT) had the bigger MAF on his NA 3l hybrid but wasn't sure if that really would do much for me.

by putting a bigger MAF on, i believe you would lose accuracy of air metering.

From what i've read, the stock MAF is good for 300 HP. ..... G.

Back