• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Bolt on Throttle body info

solo92s10

Hard-core CEG'er
I said I would do this a little while back so here is some specs and pics of three of the oem throttle bodys that will (some with slight modification) bolt onto the svt. Hoping maybe some other members will contribute some info on aftermarket tb's as well, such as csvt49 with his 75mm bbk tb. I believe it was understood on here that the F150 tb was a 65mm tb but as you will see that is not the case.

First up is the CSVT throttle body- 60mm butterfly plate with a 63mm inlet and a 60mm out. Comes stock, Not much to say about it as it is what comes on the svtc.

96-04 4.6L Mustang Throttle body- Also found on some mid-late 90s crown vics and town and countrys with the 4.6l. Can be found for $25-$50 Used. They have a 65.36mm butterfly with a 68.5mm inlet and a 65mm outlet. This throttle body requires a bit of modification to work with the svt throttle linkage and clear the intake manifold. That info can be found in THIS HOW TO .

97-03 5.4L F150/Expedtion Throttle body - Can be found for $20-$50. They have a 70.48mm butterfly with a 68.5mm inlet and a 70MM outlet. This throttle body requires minimum modification to work with the svt and the throttle position sensor is the same as the svtc. Also this is larger than the svt intake manifold inlet so a little porting may be benificial. This is probably over kill for a 2.5L but for someone with a 3.0L and a tune it could yield some cheap hp. Though there is not much history of this throttle body being used but a few have i believe.

Pics are from left to right. SVTC, Mustang, F150

IMG_2924..JPG

IMG_2925..JPG

IMG_2922..JPG

IMG_2923..JPG

In short.
SVTC - 60MM
Mustang- 65MM
F150 - 70MM

I used a BBK 70mm from a Mustang application on my 3L swap. Used an SVT throttle shaft (slightly modified) because the BBK throttle shaft was cammed differently and didn't quite fit the linkage right even after I had modified it.

For the larger inlet sizes, do you need a new accordion, or can the stock unit stretch out enough ?

Mad Dog

I've got an F150 TB the stock spring on it is way to soft so I added another on to help out with it which made it better. Also you can use the stock accordion tube but I wouldn't.

If the stock unit isnt a great idea, would the BAT, Inc. part be a better match ?

thanks,

Mad Dog

BBK 75mm Part# 1703 (Power Plus BBK Performance Throttle body fits all 90-95 4.6 2V Applications - Also 1997-03 4.6 & 5.4 F150 & Expedition Models.)

-Can use OEM TB bracket (to use on the ST220 UIM I had to create my own bracket using the OEM brackets from both the ST220 and the SVT)
-the OEM cruise control cable is slightly to short and holds the TB throttle plate open a hair. I have not yet addressed this issue.
-BBK TB comes with a new TPS sensor. I currently have the new one installed, but can not comment as to whether it will work with the OEM tune.

bbk1703arrival.jpg

j1ay.jpg

Picture of bracket I made.

fjog.jpg

rrka.jpg

Required material removal for matching on ST220 UIM, would be similar for 2.5L UIM

preport.jpg

portedcloseup1.jpg

portthrottleopen.jpg

Installed

602m.jpg

Last edited:
If you were responding to me, I apologize, because I was actually asking about the accordion, not the throttle body itself.

thanks,

Mad Dog

Nope, just providing the info for the thread.

However for you question... No it won't stretch. You'll need a couple of couplers and a tube to make it work.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Back