• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

65mm TB with ST220 UIM

hylix

CEG'er
I can't seem to find specifics of using a 65mm TB with an ST220 UIM. The two mate together seemingly perfectly, so I imagine I can use the stock Mustang TB gasket. Can anyone confirm this?

It looks Like I may be able to use the 65mm shaft and linkage in this arrangement, while using the SVT TPS. Can anyone give me a good reason why this may be a bad Idea?

Also, is there a particular Throttle/Cruise bracket + cable combination that works best and can be easily sourced (dealer, or slavage)?

Thanks in advance for any help!

I had to cut the ST220 TB bracket top half and the SVT bracket bottom half and welded them together to make a bracket that worked. Stock throttle cable should work fine. Check it out, link

Yeah, I've been following your build thread, and saw what you did. I don't have a Mondeo bracket, and I thought your setup may have been different with the BBK TB. So I figured it wouldn't help me much. I'm thinking about using the Taurus bracket as a starting point. Ive never welded before. So I'm hopping my die grinder can hide the mess I'll be creating :p

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Back