• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

24lb injectors on stock svt tune

solo92s10

Hard-core CEG'er
I think I know the awsner but just want the opinion of some more knowledgable members on the topic.

I have some 24lb injector ready for when I boost this winter. today I took my intake manifolds off for new gaskets and figure while I have them off maybe I can install the 24lb injectors. That way I can sell off the svt injectors to help fund the build.

Mods as of now are- 2.5" catback, cai, 65mm tb, port matched 3l untuned.

I'm assuming it will run rich. How much harm can this cause?

Thanks

I would not recommend doing it the car will run, but its super not ideal.

I ran them before i started tuning, would stall at every stop and light, but ran.

Also if you plan on boosting a 3L with 24lb injectors, think again.

I would not recommend doing it the car will run, but its super not ideal.

I ran them before i started tuning, would stall at every stop and light, but ran.

Also if you plan on boosting a 3L with 24lb injectors, think again.

My car is currently N/A 3L with 24lb/hr injectors on the stock tune, runs pretty good.

I also ran the same injectors when it was a turbo 2.5 and a turbo 3L without any issue. Although I kept the boost down a little on the 3L (5psi).

I will add that 24lb/hr is not ideal for a turbo 3L, I had 39lb/hr Cobra injectors that I was having issues with in trying to tune the car. You can run the 24's, but I would start looking for used Cobra or Lightning injectors on svtperformance.

Yah detailed has them in his too and it runs ok i guess depends on the ecu and mods, Still not good.

I would put 19's in sell 24's and get 39+'s wait to install.

Thank you both. Beans Ill take your advice. If I'm gonna need larger anyways no need to throw them in now. I was thinking they were good for 300+ hp. Guess it'd be best not to run them at 100%. Time to find some 39 or 42 lb ers to go with the fsvt pump.

Back