• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

best mileage for full tank of gas?

Yeah there's no doubt things are finally improving but those sticker prices put me in no rush to "upgrade".

I just checked the mystique recently it figured 27.9 all highway miles. I'm hoping it will get better with the new air filter I just put in it

Air filter, tire pressure and state of tune all play largely into the mpg; drivers right foot aside.

Indeed. New filter, spark plugs, oil, EGR valve, DPFE sensor, PCV valve, PCV hoses, and intake gaskets, plus cleaning of MAF, both intakes, and throttle body all helped me get huge gains.

I was plugged up pretty bad (and probably sucking air too) though, barely getting 23 highway. I put new valve cover gaskets in too but I think their role in MPG gains, if any, is negligible. I lose a little less oil now and might have better lubrication as a result thus less wear and less effort to create power but it's probably .00000001% at best. Even so, it all adds up.

Back