• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

thinking about switching my ecu with a st200's

well first off, what do you have?

I am going to say that the ST200 is not compatable with the Contour .... I can't even think about what it would gain one to make that swap.

You will need to research and confirm the pin outs on the ST200 PCM and understand the programming when compaired to the Contour PCM.

Assuming you have a Contour, you're much better off swapping in an SVT ECU if you don't have one already. Why? Because you can easily source one, and the cost is going to be much better. The Contour already has EEC-V, a very capable platform. you stand to gain very little swapping in a foreign EEC-V (just about as much as you'd gain from the SVT swap in a non-SVT).

Just remember: The ECU is designed to run the motor, not upgrade it. if you want more performance, try some headers, CAI, other bolt-ons first. once you start pushing the limit of the ECU program with your mods, then start to think about tuning it. We can make a non-SVT ECU do the same things an SVT ECU can do. There is no need to change ECUs.

Back