MSD releases new Street Fire coil pack for Ford V6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSD releases new Street Fire coil pack for Ford V6

Just found out about this after looking at the SHO Source website for the intake info. I might have to sell my Accel supercoil so that I have an MSD coil to match my MSD DIS-4 ;)

MSD Street Fire Coil P/N 5528, fits 94-00

FTW...

-Mike
    If you are wondering where the avatar came from look here... Link
    98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link
    85 Camaro - 1969 350ci, 503BHP

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

nice man. have you known anybody that got a set f the lower and upper intakes from them? wouldn't mind some feed back before i get a set
    98 black svt just bought her. let the building begin
    1972 datsuun 510 2 door black rebello racing stroker juiced
    2010 buell 1125r upgraded ecu to track, Jardine exhaust :censored: sexy

Comment

Originally posted by brodixx1 View Post
      nice man. have you known anybody that got a set f the lower and upper intakes from them? wouldn't mind some feed back before i get a set
      A couple of us have the lower, not sure if anyone has the upper yet. My lower hasnt been installed so I cant comment on the performance increase
      98 T Red SVT-Build # 1147
      2004 325XiT Wagon
      2012 VW CC Lux

Comment

FML the red and black would go perfect in my red and black engine bay tied in with my magnecore wires...what's thw price tag on that looking like?
        2K 2.5L SE sport SVT goodies. Died on 11-24-10. Parting out in classifieds
        Nick

Comment

They run $75: SHO Source
          92 White SHO
          05 Silver Winner
          TCCA COTM
          SHOCal
          SHO Source
          Cardomain

Comment

Seems like a lot of money to spend for a part that will probably accomplish no more than the OEM ford coil pack will.
            I suspose if your coil pack needs replacing this might be a good option though.
            98 SVT- Toreador
            Headers, BAT Y Pipe, BAT Euro Suspension Kit
            Torsen

Comment

Originally posted by thesidekick34 View Post
              FML the red and black would go perfect in my red and black engine bay tied in with my magnecore wires...what's thw price tag on that looking like?
              Cheapest I found it was at Race-Mart, $55.91

http://www.race-mart.com/MSD-MSD-5528.html
              -Mike
              98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

Someone needs to do a before and after dyno. I know the msd coils for the modular ford v8's are garbage and they don't increase power whatsoever. Atleast it looks cool lol

Comment

I was waiting for this to come out for quite a while. But when MSD COP coils were out, I changed my mind. I used those coils with DIS-4 HO on my Mondeo 2.5 V6 for almost 2 years now.
                  Here're the pics:

The 3 in the front:

The ones in the back.

From what I felt, the idle is smoother and the engine rev-up much quicker. I think it's a good mod for me (although a bit pricy ). I think the Street Fire coil pack will also do the same, but I don't like the mess of coil wires. I've got enough pipings and wirings already, as you can see.

Comment

what in the world do you have going on with all of those hoses?
                    -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

that looks crazy why dont you switch to 04/05 valve covers?
                      -99 T-RED 3L SVT TURBO
                      -99 T-GREEN RHD MPV ST220 MAZDA 6 TURE DUAL 3L SVT
                      -00 BLK/TAN SVT
                      NEW OEM CONTOUR PARTS DEALER*
                      SVTWAREHOUSE.COM COMING SOON!!

Comment

Originally posted by CSVT#49 View Post
                        what in the world do you have going on with all of those hoses?
                        Has to be a "fuel rail" of some sort...look where it comes from and where it goes...
                        2000 T-red SVT w/Prarie Tan Interior w/113,000 miles
                        2006 3L True Hybrid w/40,000 miles

2000 Silver Frost SVT w/Midnight Blue interior w/39,000 miles
                        2006 Port-matched 3L w/20,000 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Doood View Post
                          Has to be a "fuel rail" of some sort...look where it comes from and where it goes...
                          Yup! It's a propane injection system. Italian brand called Lovato.
                          My car runs on propane and gas. Saves on fuel charges.

Comment

Originally posted by svttour View Post
                            that looks crazy why dont you switch to 04/05 valve covers?
                            Well, I did bought the valve covers. But I'm not in the mood to do the switch yet. :o
                            Besides, things still look neat with that Duratec 3.0 engine cover on.

Comment

Oh, there's one more reason why I didn't change the valve covers: that nice looking Duratec 3.0 cover won't fit with '04 valve cover. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X