• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Swappable RH valve covers

SicSE

Veteran CEG'er
I'm going to run the updated PCV routing and need to know what my options are for the RH valve cover. The 04-05 Taurus & 05 Escape have the same part number listed. The 04 Escape has a different number though. Then the 06 Escape has 3 different numbers depending on build date, and the newer 08+'s are also different... the Fusions have a unique number as well. I want get the newest one that will work, and I want to be able to swap between different UIM's, including the SVT. Can anyone confirm identical bolt pattern on any of the newer 05+ valve covers, or any issues such as clearance with the SVT UIM?

I'm going to run the updated PCV routing and need to know what my options are for the RH valve cover. The 04-05 Taurus & 05 Escape have the same part number listed. The 04 Escape has a different number though. Then the 06 Escape has 3 different numbers depending on build date, and the newer 08+'s are also different... the Fusions have a unique number as well. I want get the newest one that will work, and I want to be able to swap between different UIM's, including the SVT. Can anyone confirm identical bolt pattern on any of the newer 05+ valve covers, or any issues such as clearance with the SVT UIM?

PM...livinsvt. He can answer all this for you.:cool:

Back