• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

can you swap the 3.0L vr4 motor in a csvt

toddw814

CEG'er
is it possable to swap a 3000gt vr4 3L into my 99 csvt if i get wireing harness and comp and everything
they seem to be compatable

is it possable to swap a 3000gt vr4 3l into my 99 csvt if i get wireing harness and comp and everything
they seem to be compatable
[size=+2]0_o[/size]

in my head if you were seriously considering this swap because you had a vr4 3.0 and the money to do this swap...you should just sell it, buy an escape 3l and twin turbo that and it would be sooooo much more reliable.

[size=+4]o_0[/size]

have you ever acctually looked at the vr4 motor they look just like the escape 3L or the sable 3L the onlt difference is its already built for twin turbo and comes stock with like 310 horse to 320 horse
i can get he motor for 2000 or the whole front clip and everything for 3000
im talking to a dude today to see how hard it will be
if i where to paint the mitubishi on the valve cover black you would never know it cam from a vr4
the only way you could really tell incredably is the pulleys are on the other side

Unfortunately for you even if you did have the fabrication skills the VR4 block is backwards a la the JDM design so none of the fwd trannies will not fit the vr4, iirc.

Other than that, direct swap go for it.

have you ever acctually looked at the vr4 motor they look just like the escape 3L or the sable 3L the onlt difference is its already built for twin turbo and comes stock with like 310 horse to 320 horse
i can get he motor for 2000 or the whole front clip and everything for 3000
im talking to a dude today to see how hard it will be
if i where to paint the mitubishi on the valve cover black you would never know it cam from a vr4
the only way you could really tell incredably is the pulleys are on the other side
they are not the same engine regardless of looks that is like a gilr telling me that the saturn ION and ford focus look exactly the same.

sure they may look similar and they both may be 3L and they may be quad cams but that is where the similarities end...

believe us we could tell....

the 3L duratec is a virtual bolt on. where as the 3000gt will bolt to nothing and work with nothing in the car no guages no computer none of the harness nor subframe you are talking complete custom everything. can it be done sure will it fit under the hood maybe should it be done doubtfull

you would be far better off to take that $2000 by an NPG turbo kit it will end up being cheeper and easier... but to each his own...

thank you tht is exacly the answer i was lookin for
i guees it was kinda wishful thinkin and i seen the simalaritys and kinda threw the idea in the air
so pretty much the best way you can get the most power for the most affortable would swop an escape 3L

thank you tht is exacly the answer i was lookin for
i guees it was kinda wishful thinkin and i seen the simalaritys and kinda threw the idea in the air
so pretty much the best way you can get the most power for the most affortable would swop an escape 3L

Thats correct. You can use the 04 Taurus 3L. It just needs a bit more of work. But not that much.

Many items will swap over. Head to the Duratec 3L section, search "3L options" or similar, then read up on the various possibilities. The answer to your question depends on the type of swap you plan on doing. Will also list various "donor sources" for a 3L engine.

you can't blame the guy for asking...even tho its common sense. these engines are in no way COMPATIBLE..but its all good. sometimes, even i have asked stupid questions. at least he knows now.

i have a question of my own however..the 3000 gt's...i hear their transmissions are junk...when i worked at a dealership and was a LOT attendant...i had to move one 100ft. the damn thing broke down on me...the trans just took a dump. i dunno i still see a bunch of these cars around too.

what do you guys think? i'm just curious.

you can't blame the guy for asking...even tho its common sense. these engines are in no way COMPATIBLE..but its all good. sometimes, even i have asked stupid questions. at least he knows now.

i have a question of my own however..the 3000 gt's...i hear their transmissions are junk...when i worked at a dealership and was a LOT attendant...i had to move one 100ft. the damn thing broke down on me...the trans just took a dump. i dunno i still see a bunch of these cars around too.

what do you guys think? i'm just curious.

What do we think of what? The car..the trans, the engine?

i apologize...its a bit off topic, but the vr4 3000gt the transmission to be exact..i have heard a bunch of stuff about them. did anyone here own one?

Nope my friend bought one...and it has been a money pit. As far as i have known them...they have been money pit cars. He is on his 3rd trans and the car has 110k miles. :blackeye:

Nope my friend bought one...and it has been a money pit. As far as i have known them...they have been money pit cars. He is on his 3rd trans and the car has 110k miles. :blackeye:

yea i heard about the same. a friend of mine had one when i owned my first svt. he had nothing but trouble with it. so sad because they are nice.:nonono: and i bet parts for those are getting harder to find.

Back