• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT Mystique swap???

Dizman

New CEG'er
I asked earlier in the "Newbie Section" and was told that the SVT engine should drop right in my Mystique. Will it mate right up to the automatic transmission? Are there any mods at all?

Thanks

Im unsure about the mating to the transmission. Sounds doable/possible.

I havent seen a good SVT Swap into a Mystique in a while! Would be cool if you go all decked out with the SVT Body mated to the Mystique and a Mirko!

Keep us informed on your build! I still suggest going with a 5 speed man! Sounds more fun doesnt it?

- amyn

The auto will bolt right up, but the SVT computer will not control an automatic transaxle. The SVT was only ever offered in 5-speed manual, so it has no parameters on how to control an automatic.

Your Mystique PCM won't know what to do with SVT fuel injectors and such, either. It will run, but not like it's supposed to.

You'll need to get a custom tune if you wish to run an SVT engine CORRECTLY with an automatic trans.

Andy pretty much summed it up, although you could also use the mystique injectors and it'd run OK if not tuned. It just wouldn't make any more HP than a regular duratec.

But all in all, its pointless unless your Mystique engine is shot and you can get a good SVT engine for next to nothing.

Andy pretty much summed it up, although you could also use the mystique injectors and it'd run OK if not tuned. It just wouldn't make any more HP than a regular duratec.

But all in all, its pointless unless your Mystique engine is shot and you can get a good SVT engine for next to nothing.

Thats not true at all. Many contour se's have svt goodies on them and they were putting down the same numbers as svt's were. Even without the cams. Now the 17 lb injectors might be running a high duty cycle when you are reving to 7k rpms. If you swap over se cams....then your good to go. svt cams in an automatic will give you a kinda sluggish car off the line. All in all....Yes you could swap your mystique fuel injectors and fuel rails over to the svt engine and it will bolt right in.

Thats not true at all. Many contour se's have svt goodies on them and they were putting down the same numbers as svt's were. Even without the cams. Now the 17 lb injectors might be running a high duty cycle when you are reving to 7k rpms. If you swap over se cams....then your good to go. svt cams in an automatic will give you a kinda sluggish car off the line. All in all....Yes you could swap your mystique fuel injectors and fuel rails over to the svt engine and it will bolt right in.

But that doesn't apply here at all. All those car had either special tuning or used the SVT computer and injectors.Slapping on SVT parts does nothing, the programming is where all the gains are realized.

the OP asked about putting a full SVT engine in a mystique, using the mystique computer. In that situation it would run rich, but as a compromise 17lb injectors could be used.

The SVT engine will be nothing special unless the OP's gets the Mystiques computer tuned for that engine... period. And that will cost many extra $$$$$

But that doesn't apply here at all. All those car had either special tuning or used the SVT computer and injectors.Slapping on SVT parts does nothing, the programming is where all the gains are realized.
Nooo. It does apply here. Not every modification you do, needs a tune to establish Positive gains. Putting on an svt uim won't give you gains? Adding a larger LIm won't give gains? Im sorry but your wrong in this situation. Of course a tune will maximize the gains....thats kinda the point of a tune.

the OP asked about putting a full SVT engine in a mystique, using the mystique computer. In that situation it would run rich, but as a compromise 17lb injectors could be used.
I agreed with you on this. But it won't make the same power as stock 25L duratech though. That would contradict years of recommendations and factual data that people gain hp from upgrading their Uims to svt uims.

The SVT engine will be nothing special unless the OP's gets the Mystiques computer tuned for that engine... period. And that will cost many extra $$$$$
Not if he installs his 17 lb injectors. He will see gains. Your holding nothing true to your argument....your only base is completely off the a pcm making gains. Which is wrong in this instance.

Many extra $$?? you mean a tune from burrita for $550?

Because $550 is cheap :rolleyes:

The gains will not be worth it without a tune. The numbers will be closer to regular Duratec than SVT Duratec.

Now THIS is untrue. Why don't you shoot BrApple a PM and ask him about his SeVT?

his was jinxed :laugh: Literally.

I don't think you were on the boards back then...look up poles old numbers....blu fuz's See we can do this all day. Regardless brapple posted better numbers adding svt parts on his SE.

IMO For $550 the money could be better spent elsewhere - like headers and a ypipe.

To the OP - why not just build up the SVT - is it trashed?

I'm interested in this, too: turning my Mystique LS into an SVT-ish ...what would that be, a MySVT? SVTique? %)

Back