• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Which o2 sensor do I have to get?

juankordonez

CEG'er
:shrug:
Hi everyone
Smog check is comming and I need to replace my O2 sensors, I know they're a couple in csvt, one Upstream and another downstream. Can anyone tell me the # part.

I know bosch has some,
but which will fit with my contour svt 98?
thanks

simply calling autozone and telling them the make & model of ur car will yield better results. they'll give u the exact ones that'll work for any 2.5L V6 tour. they arent svt speciic. and by the way, there are 4sensors, not 2. two upstreams and two downstreams. u also should get the cel read to see which of them is burnt out. for all u know, that might not even be ur problem.

simply calling autozone and telling them the make & model of ur car will yield better results. they'll give u the exact ones that'll work for any 2.5L V6 tour. they arent svt speciic. and by the way, there are 4sensors, not 2. two upstreams and two downstreams. u also should get the cel read to see which of them is burnt out. for all u know, that might not even be ur problem.

Not only that but the 1998 &1999 have the same connector where the 2000 has a different plug connector.

Not only that but the 1998 &1999 have the same connector where the 2000 has a different plug connector.

Somewhat true.... apparently it depends on whether you have a return or return-less fuel system I was looking into this too

Mine is a 1999 but has a return system, so i have different O2 sensors (square on-top/upstream, and the Bosch # matches with the one i have). and supposedly circular for the lower ones.

i didn't know contours have 4 sensors, well, the guy from autozone said they were only two. I order the bosch 13115 and 13133 from rockauto. I'm very clear one is circular and the other is square.
What else do I have to get?:shrug:

i didn't know contours have 4 sensors, well, the guy from autozone said they were only two. I order the bosch 13115 and 13133 from rockauto. I'm very clear one is circular and the other is square.
What else do I have to get?:shrug:

if you are trying to chance them all, then you would need another 2..... Id double check that you have the right ones before ordering more. you will either need 4 round connectors, or 2 of each (round and square).

The lowers used to be different depending on when your car was made, but Bosch now has a version that fits all years: the plug is round with no tabs.

Back