• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

WOW 2.5 vs. 3.0

50 ft/lbs of tq should make a pretty noticeable difference :laugh:

But just like 3L swaps, I'm sure there are some stock SVTs that are just dogs (dirty intakes, bad imrc's, clogged cats, old worn out plugs, etc), but well kept 2.5's still move out pretty good.

50 ft/lbs of tq should make a pretty noticeable difference :laugh:

But just like 3L swaps, I'm sure there are some stock SVTs that are just dogs (dirty intakes, bad imrc's, clogged cats, old worn out plugs, etc), but well kept 2.5's still move out pretty good.

I agree..i took a csvt by half a car length by the end of first...and that was me letting him take off first from the light :cool:

So then which CEG'r officially has the most HP??

it's hard to tell, theres SO many variations of modifications that it's hard to tell in such way(types of engines, N/A or Boosted, other mods). BUT, if you were just looking at overall HP/TQ, i have no idea:shrug:

Unless all the cars are tested on the same dyno on the same day , debating who has the highest HP numbers is kind of pointless.

Unless all the cars are tested on the same dyno on the same day , debating who has the highest HP numbers is kind of pointless.

Because you can have 2-3 whp more then the next guy....but it all comes down to the driver!

highest HP/tq doesnt win races. You have to look at the rang in which it makes its power. You could have a car with 30hp less but has a better power band and will spank its ass. So peak really means nothing

My 01 is putting over 220 down, so I dunno if its the engine, probably just the person doing the work.

Lol yeah.....:rolleyes:

That makes complete sense. Maybe it's because the motor was installed upside down... How about a much more likely scenario like the dyno they used reads lower than the ones in other states that bump their numbers up to make people happy.

The 04 3l's are where it is at. I had an 01 in my car, it barely made 180 WHP (stock exhaust, all the way back, and stock Airbox/cleaner).

01-07 non vvt 3L's all made the same hp and tq. I've never noticed any significant difference between any of them. I just installed an 07 3L and it doesn't seem to be out of the ordinary. It actually seems a bit slower but it could be deceiving because the motor seems to run really smooth.

Back