• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

WOW 2.5 vs. 3.0

dukeofsho

Veteran CEG'er
I went to a Chicagoland SHO meet. At the meet was another CSVT with the stock 2.5. We took it for a ride. The stock 2.5 is a dog. Nothing against his car but WOW. Then we took mine for a ride. The 3.0 felt like a torque monster compared to the 2.5. Not to mention I have a smaller final ratio. To be fair his engine has over 100k and mine is pushing 7k.

ya a good running 3l vs a stock svt 2.5 is an amazing difference.

Yea I don't know... My car still has a 2.5L and I've put down just as much horsepower as a lot of 3L swapped cars and it has even be tuned. However that said I don't have anywhere near the torque they do.

Yea I don't know... My car still has a 2.5L and I've put down just as much horsepower as a lot of 3L swapped cars and it has even be tuned. However that said I don't have anywhere near the torque they do.
I'd run ya lol but not by the time I see you again I wont

Crappy 3L's

The 04 3l's are where it is at. I had an 01 in my car, it barely made 180 WHP (stock exhaust, all the way back, and stock Airbox/cleaner).

The 04 3l's are where it is at. I had an 01 in my car, it barely made 180 WHP (stock exhaust, all the way back, and stock Airbox/cleaner).
My 01 is putting over 220 down, so I dunno if its the engine, probably just the person doing the work.

My 01 is putting over 220 down, so I dunno if its the engine, probably just the person doing the work.
yours is a hybrid though. most people dont even think about those when they talk 3l's. Did you get it on a dyno finally?

220 holy hell. That's pretty high numbers. Don't hear about too many in that range. :cool:

No, its a actual printout from 2 years ago in Grand Rapids at SPRING ZING....how could you guys not know about it lol, do I need to scan the dyno sheet? Its in the back of my folder for the svt that I ALWAYS have out at SZ.
I havent done it this year, but Im shooting for more, maybe 230+

then why was everyone so happy happy joy joy about svtsnobs numbers? Just because he got them from a full 3l build?

Back