• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

just installed intake

I would ask you the same thing about straying from the stock setup.

the stock non svt filter didnt do anything and i thought a new cone filter will add alil sound and maybe add alittle horsepower.

if i had the stock SVT filter i would of just kept that.

too bad there are no Phenolic spacers for these cars. I had one on my mustang and it was sweet! the intake manifold was a alot cooler than the rest of the engine. maybe we can talk Bugzuki into making some hhhmmm.............

I've tried spacers twice now, once was great and the other time I couldnt tell the difference. It does give you a reason to pull the intake off and give it a good cleaning though. :)

I've tried spacers twice now, once was great and the other time I couldnt tell the difference. It does give you a reason to pull the intake off and give it a good cleaning though. :)

were did you get one? or did you make one. one thing I did notice on my stang was the extra low end torque. but I think that was more attributed to the extra length in the runner.

It wasnt on this platform. One was my first turbo mazda (zero difference because the intake was still ingesting hot turbo air) and the other was a friends mustang that seemed to love it.

started my heatsheild already...looks good so far.

i have to cut the hole for the filter in the back and i need to paint it and bend the one side into the fender alittle so it helps it suck more air in...shouldnt take me too much longer.

will do...my engine bays realllllly dirty but ill show you the heatshield.

cover that filter up with a towel, spray the engine bay w/ water.... then spray the out of the whole engine bay with degreaser.... get a soft brush, maybe the brush you would clean your wheels with... and brush it down... then spray the degreaser off... works like a champ!! I was a detailer at a local BMW dealership and this is what i was taught to do :)

Back