• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Custom Pistions- How Much Usually

yamaha racer 686

Hard-core CEG'er
How much do custom pistions usually run for a set.

Why im asking is becuase i can get 40% off of custom pistions and if i can get them cheap enough ill get some made.

For a one off set?

I think when I had mine made from Ross Racing, Nikolas at Draxas ordered 2 more sets to cut down the cost. Having 3 sets made cost $780 per set. If your going to get a custom set made its probably closer to $1000.

FWIW, Diamond should be able to make you a set since theyve made sets for the 2.5L and 3.0L before. Probably will be somewhere in between those price ranges for one set.

How can you get 40% off custom pistons? I'd be interested to know the price they quote you. 40% off a set of pistons is a huge chunk.

Last edited:
My Diamond Racing custom pistons for my 427W was just over $700 w/ rings/pins.
Diamond does semi-custom pistons in that the designs are pre-engineered and they make them after you order with a huge premium. If they have made duratec pistons before, you will pay/wait less. JE, Weisco and others may make you wait until they have a batch or charge big $$ for a single custom job.
-J

my set i had made by diamond were 875 i believe, or somewhere close but i had them change a few things like valve recess and thicker dome to ringland space for higher boost applications. i was going to have them coat them and see if they could put holes all around the edge so compressed intake charges press the top ring out against the piston wall so you dont have ring float i believed it was called. on a street driven car i was advised against that because carbon deposits fill the holes after so long and they become worthless. it wasnt worth the money

Back