• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Transmission Stabilizer

Torkmonsta

CEG'er
I thought that I saw somewhere a picture of a stabilizer bar, which I thought was from chassis to transmission to help control wheel hop. I may be mistaken, and I searched for a whole bunch of phrases in the search function. I got nothing. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? If not, is there such a thing? I get vicious wheel hop and I don't want to break something unintentionally.

Ahhh, forgot about that. That doesn't control wheel hop, though, does it? I thought it was for vibration control for the motor? :shrug:

the stab-o-shock is bolted to the sub fame and to the trans. its like a mini strut so it would prevent to much movement by the tranny.

Brad makes a "torque strut" or "street link" that replaces the stock svt stab-o-shok, it helps reduce wheel hop. The solid poly transaxle mounts/anti-roll resisters that Pole120 makes also help reduce wheel hop.

That's exactly what I was thinking about. Thanks for the links, I'll be in touch with those who make them soon. It seems like unless the wheels are slightly turned, they dont spin, they hop. Dry, wet, even snow they still hop. Too sticky tires maybe?

All SVT's got the stab o shock. Did you even check to see if you have one? It might have got removed at some point or another for who knows why... but I bet the wheel hop is mainly due to toasted front and rear roll resistors. I would buy pole's solid mounts and you won't even need the stab o shock. It is pointless with solid mounts. If you just buy an upgraded stab o shock, I bet you will barely notice any gain or benefit with old front and rear roll resistors.

Back