• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

duratec 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 3.5 L engine is the same exterior size as the 3.0 L Duratec 30, thats interesting they put in a taurus 265 horse 249 torque

oh regular 87 gas!!!!!!!!
im gonna stick in my contour only rear drive though (i wish)

Ford is also working on a 3.5 twin turbo duratec engine. They have been working on it for the past year. I don't know how they are coming with that.

They need to put that in a Fusion with AWD and a 6-speed manual. That would be something I would buy. Right now I got my eye on a Volvo C30 version 2.0, also called the Focus ST in the UK.

because a noble 3L costs 4k by itself, then you would need to get the turbos and fit it all ...

i have thought about if someone did a all strip TT contour.. I suppose it could be possible, something like ZZP's GP :drool:

index.cfm

l_83ba27f8304c63540457d487e212da2f.jpg

You also have to keep in mind that Noble, being a small car company and they don't sell you a complete car, can get away with a lot more than a big company like Ford. Also Ford is getting rid of the 3.0 and replacing it with the 3.5.

Another thing to keep in mind is torque steer. I know my SVT with headers and Y-pipe had some really bad torque steer. Look at what Mazda had to do with the MazadaSpeed 3 to help the torque steer.

I like to have a nice daily drive that has good power and controlable. However when I want to drive fast, it has to be a rear drive car. I have raced many FWD cars and the first time I raced a RWD car, I was done with FWD.

As a side note, I did get a ride in a Noble, they are fast. The guy who owned it upgraded the turbos and he was a teacher at a driver school, it was a fun ride.

ok who's gonna be the first to put a 3.5 in the contour?

not going to happen unless someone has alot of time and money as the engine mounts up completely differently and i don't think anyone is sure that the MTX75 will bolt to the engine.

also this has all been cover before, check out the 3L forum...

kick me while im down and out why dont ya
i just had my side cut open and my appendix removed
i could still lay the smack down on ya though ha ha

dude you must be like 12 years old thats awesome
im 22 and my moms isnt even here
i am special though
i own a special contour too thats also hates dsms and none of them are faster than my completely stock 98eo dangit i could outrun one on foot so there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back